By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Restore 6.13 set of emotes

Imagine my disgust seeing some tall cat thing when I try to type out ":3". And the horror when I find out that (fubar), (finger), (wtf), and (hollest) don't do anything either.

My idea for the Windows client is for Skype to restore the (fubar), (finger), (wtf), and (hollest) smileys and remove the ":3" smiley (and reverting any other changes that were made that I haven't listed). Put the emote set back to the way it was in version 6.13, please!

• Instant Messaging & Contacts
174 Comments
acosgrove
Casual Adventurer

Fortunately, the "noisy few" seem to be the vast majority from what I'm reading so hopefully MS will realize that they made a mistake and will happily conceed to the wishes of the masses by bringing back the emoticons.

Those who don't like them, don't use them.

blondiefied
Casual Tourist

Please give us back the old emoticons.  (finger) is the best emoticon of them all.  While you are at it please bring back the old (poolparty), the pink one.

For those who get offended by a little cartoon smiley face shooting a bird... perhaps we could add parental controls to hide them from both the young & the older but maturationally challenged users 

MyFallen-Gaming
Novel Tourist

BRING BACK OUR FINGER!!

You can add in anything you want, just dont touch the finger cause of one or two whiners.

aviatrix
Casual Tourist

obtrusive ads , missing emoticons, replacing text when i don't want it, evesdroping on my conversations ... time to switch from skype to something else.

SlyCooperFan1
Novel Adventurer

@aviatrix The text replacement is a setting you can change. And I hope you realize that the NSA will be recording and eavesdropping on all of your conversations no matter what program you switch to.

andreajs17
Novel Adventurer

Please... give us (finger) back!!!

It was the best emoticon ever!!!

lavellies
Novel Tourist

The :3 thing is hideous, what on earth were they thinking? Are we really this out of touch? (dog) shows a dog and (cat) shows a cat so WHY was it necessary to destroy the "catface" many people use in conversation. I've seen nothing but disgust seeing it pop up in conversations when people don't mean it to.

Definitely uninstalling and reverting to 6.13.

mikefrance
Novel Tourist

The emoticons in 6.13 were far better than they are now, with unnecessary additions and subtractions from the list. The one I have a problem with mainly is the ":3" cat because it is hideous and unnecessary when ":3" was a common face that numerous people used in conversation. This definitely needs to be fixed.

SharkROAR
Novel Adventurer

What I'd suggest is the following:

Bring back the removed emoticons and please make it so ":3" and ":I" will not be replaced with an emoticon, but "(cat)" and "(idea)" will be the only codes triggering those new emotes.

Sincerely,

Shark

SharkROAR
Novel Adventurer

Also, I really do not understand why you removed those "bad manners" emotes.. I bet most people use them in ironic ways anyway.. as did I.

Were you forced to do so?

You can't tell me that an emoticon is more offensive then typing out what they basically mean..

In that case, adding a profanity filter would make much more sense, in my opinion.