By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Restore 6.13 set of emotes

This idea has been archived. The current active ideas can be found in the Skype Idea Exchange

Imagine my disgust seeing some tall cat thing when I try to type out ":3". And the horror when I find out that (fubar), (finger), (wtf), and (hollest) don't do anything either.

My idea for the Windows client is for Skype to restore the (fubar), (finger), (wtf), and (hollest) smileys and remove the ":3" smiley (and reverting any other changes that were made that I haven't listed). Put the emote set back to the way it was in version 6.13, please!

174 Comments
Community Ambassador

That's a rather ludicrous statement as it's grasping at straws.  Text turning into emoticons is not "censoring private communication".  If you perceive it to be, then every communication platform that is using emoticons is "breaking your law".  BTW, you can disable emoticons all together to maintain your level of "free speech", if you consider emoticons censorship.  It's an optional setting, so you can stop optionally "censoring" yourself, at any time, by disabling them.  Under "Tools" - "Options" -"IM& SMS" - "IM Appearance"- uncheck "Show emoticons".  You can then optionally use ASCII text art to further creatively express your free speech and not be further oppressed by the unjust, free speech-inhibiting emoticons.

Casual Tourist

I admit that was a bit ragey statement. I just got so upset that my favorite emoticons were removed and the mooning one was censored. That censored emoticon mainly made me come here in the first place. Only after wards I realized that I can still say to people if I am mooning them or not, so things aren't really that bad that I made my self to believe in my upset state. It's just so horrifying to think that some day my personal messages might be censored.
Well, I managed to install older version of Skype and can enjoy some middle fingers and moonings once again :D I am sorry if I upset you or anyone else with my hasty statements. Thanks for the reply.

Novel Tourist

I agree, all this change is stupid. Please change it, but some I would like are a Minecraft emoji, some kind of "oh my" type thing, or a alien emoji. :D

Tourist

YES! PLEASE BRING THEM BACK!

Novel Tourist

YES! PLEASE BRING THEM BACK!

Novel Tourist

Yes it was funny to have thoes emoticons ! Can you also add the wizz feature from MSN Messenger ? That was great too !

Tourist

+1 for having them back!!!

Tourist

I haven't checked all the hidden emotes, but (finger) is back!

Well done Skype & MS, thanks for listening to the crowd. :(y):

Novel Tourist

BUMMED! Skype lost it's character.  Explain how FUBAR is gone, and all the other good secret one's...but (smoking) still works.  None of them should be going anywhere.  Bring them ALL back; especially FUBAR, FINGER, WTF, etc...

I can't remember the last time i posted a comment on the net for anything; but this, seems important. ;)

BRING THEM BACK.  PRONTO TONTO.

Tourist

At least finger is back