By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Restore 6.13 set of emotes

This idea has been archived. The current active ideas can be found in the Skype Idea Exchange

Imagine my disgust seeing some tall cat thing when I try to type out ":3". And the horror when I find out that (fubar), (finger), (wtf), and (hollest) don't do anything either.

My idea for the Windows client is for Skype to restore the (fubar), (finger), (wtf), and (hollest) smileys and remove the ":3" smiley (and reverting any other changes that were made that I haven't listed). Put the emote set back to the way it was in version 6.13, please!

174 Comments
Tourist

I don't see how the emote :I looks like I'm saying I have an idea, and how the emote :3 looks like I'm trying to cat.

If I wanted to cat, I'd cat properly with (cat). Catting improperly when I'm just trying to use :3 like I always did got annoying immediately, forcing me to turn off my emotes despite that not turning my emotes off for others.

These aren't re-bindable emotes, so please fix this... I miss being able to look mildly interested. :I

Novel Tourist

I agree 100%

Tourist

Please do this for the next update. I don't like the cat emote. Turn it to something like (cat) if you must.

Novel Tourist

BRING IT BACK!!!

Novel Tourist

Seriously, ADD BACK (finger) !! Why is this such an issue?! This makes no sense, just get over it and put it back!

Casual Tourist

please add the emoticon that hammer beating his hands to straighten.

Novel Tourist

Its really irritating that these were removed. I used the FUBAR one all the time. You cannot work in a modern day office environment where Skype is the primary communication tool and avoid having to convery FUBAR, WTF, and the FINGER almost daily. Microsoft, you want to compete with Apple? Then make your customers happy and return these now please.

J0-
Casual Tourist

The new :3 indeed is REALLY annoying. Why not leave the (cat) shortcut but delete the :3 one? And yeah, I also deeply support the return of (wtf) and (finger) (quite never used the two others). If Skype removed those because they would possibly offend other users, then shouldn't they also remove (angry), (tmi), (n), (doh), (facepalm), (headbang), etc..? Only leave :) and (happy)! >< If (finger) does offend some user, he/she would blame the one who has send it, not Microsoft. I believe if you don't think some user will appreciate it, then you just have to not send it...

Thanks for reading :)

Casual Tourist

I was using the old v4.2 till few days ago and now i had to update it since it wasnt working anymore, so no more (finger), anyways the trick is to stop putting money into skype and just move to another service like i'm doing, seems hard, but it's not.

Besides the BS about the 'offensive' emoticons skype is not as clean and nice as it used to be. Bummer

Casual Tourist

Please bring them back!