By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Group chat inviting privacy

Group chat invite privacy. 

Whenever someone adds your name onto a list of contacts that they wish to add to a new group, the persons (contacts added) get added into the group unwillingly. 

And by "unwillingly" i mean they have no choice or say (option wall asking if they would like to join) availible. 

This annoys me because of all the contacts i have, someone always has the great idea to round up as meny contacts they can list and add them into a group chat at whatever time.

I want an option to asking me if i would like to join, or not to join said group via invite page. 

There are too many people that add me to there groups without asking me, i just get dragged into them with random people i don't know, and it's vary uncomfortable. 

If there is already an option on skype to do this, then my apoligies, but this has been going on for too long, and i'm tired of being dragged into these random group chats.

Thank you 

~Scruffy

• Instant Messaging & Contacts
11 Comments
jwawrzyn Staff
Staff
Status changed to: Comments Requested
Thank you for the feedback. Would other users like to see this feature added? Please include your kudos or comments.
mmKALLL
Reliable Tourist

Yeah, a popup message asking whether or not I'd like to join would be a good feature, I think, as long as it doesn't make Skype active or override fullscreen programs or is disablable something like that.

ljsworld
Novel Tourist

I think this is a great idea.

sami93
Novel Tourist

Hi, I enjoy immensely Skype
The program is super awesome
It is also the site of Iran's me
I'll be happy to see Saytay

download film

Riyuzakisan
Novel Adventurer

This would be a great feature to have. It's pretty irritating to be added to groups that I don't want to be in and have tried to leave, only to be added back. The only real option right now is to threaten the person adding me with removing them from my contacts list.

KevInSydney
Novel Tourist

I would like to have an "agree to invitation" to a group, as I don't see a point in being spammed by people I don't know, just because one of my friends adds me to a useless group.

JessieSparkle
Novel Tourist

i agree that we need this, I hate being auto added to groups

Pokemon10529
Casual Tourist

god i keep getting added to groups with everyone in my 6 year old friend's friend list and then i get 69 unread messages, and once i leave i get invited back in! it's been years since this has first popped up in the skype forum and i am hearing about ddosing using skype. it's been about 5 years i think. 5 frickin years for skype to find one of these posts. ugh im disgusted

simba580
Novel Tourist

Been waiting for skype to do this for years as well.

I deleted skype years ago because of this and stayed logged out to.

Now im using it again because of gf, wanting to video chat, and people just keep adding me into group chats without my concent.

Skype Fix this problem already!?!?!?!

Lilbugaboo
Tourist

Please make this happen already! It's been years and my friend keeps adding me to useless groups of people and it's driving me nuts. Let there be an option to perminatly say NO to that group. I'm so tired of this.