By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

Add Chromecast Support

This idea has been archived. The current active ideas can be found in the Skype Idea Exchange

Chromecast has just been opened up to allow all developers to add in Chromecast functionality to their products. I would love to be able to put someone I am Skyping on my TV, even if the webcam from my computer is still being used. This would allow users to Skpe a friend while still having full use of their computer (i.e. they could type a paper while still being able to really see the person they are talking with, not just having them in a tiny box). Please update your program and/or your phone app to have this functionality (right now Hangouts offers the ability to do so, but have been waiting to see if this feature will be added to Skype before just switching over).

38 Comments
Novel Tourist

Yes, Please

Novel Tourist

Why is this not yet implemented? This is such a no brainer. Please hear us out this integration will make skype 100 times more valuable. Imagine being able to use your iPad camera to make a call but share the conversation with the entire living room! Birthdays and Family moments being shared from the distance with the entire family. Please get this in for next update.

Novel Tourist
+1 !!!!!!! 111
Novel Tourist

+1

Novel Tourist

I would love this functionality! Please make it happen Skype!

Casual Tourist
Yes please! This would be a massive feature.
Novel Tourist

It would be a great product if Skype was added to Chromecast. I know I bought chromecast as a gift for so many family members and they love it. Skype on it will be a Plus...

Casual Tourist

I recently bought chromecast and one of the first app I would use on chromecast is Skype. I and my familly frequently skypes with the rest of the familly abroads. it would be great to put the video on a HD TV.

Please integrate chromecast on Skype. I think more and more to switch to hangout and encourage the other to switch on it, to be able to skype on the TV.

Novel Tourist

Yes please.

Novel Tourist
+1