By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

unable to hear other party

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Please help! I am not able to hear the other party, they can hear me fine, I can hear the ringing sound of the call and video is fine too. My speakers and mic are ok too. When I do the test call can't hear anything. Thanks

Message 1 of 14 (4,986 Views)
13 Replies
Community Ambassador

What settings do you have for Speakers in Tools -> Options -> Audio settings? Can you hear any sound when you press the green test button? Is there more than one option available in the dropdown box?

Message 2 of 14 (4,984 Views)
Novel Adventurer

When I press the green button I can not hear anything

Message 3 of 14 (4,979 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Hi Denverusa, I can't help I'm afraid as I am having the same problem all the other sounds on my PC are fine but I can't hear the other party, I tried ruwim's remedy and when I speak I can see the green lines moving back and forth, so I assume it's working. Also when I do a test call, I can't hear the message...I know what to expect because it works fine on my tablet. I don't know where to go next! please can anyone help us?
Message 4 of 14 (4,963 Views)
Community Ambassador

primrosegirl wrote:
Hi Denverusa, I can't help I'm afraid as I am having the same problem all the other sounds on my PC are fine but I can't hear the other party, I tried ruwim's remedy and when I speak I can see the green lines moving back and forth, so I assume it's working. Also when I do a test call, I can't hear the message...I know what to expect because it works fine on my tablet. I don't know where to go next! please can anyone help us?

What settings do you see for Speakers in Tools -> Options Audio settings? Your microphone seems to work, but not speakers.

Novel Adventurer

Realtek High definition audio speakers

Message 6 of 14 (4,950 Views)
Community Ambassador

primrosegirl wrote:

Realtek High definition audio speakers

Do you also have "Realtek High definition audio" as your default playback device in Windows Sound Control Panel? 

Message 7 of 14 (4,947 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Yes I think so, I've just looked at the control panel and sounds and it would seem it is.

Message 8 of 14 (4,938 Views)
Novel Tourist
i have the exact same problem, can someone please help
Message 9 of 14 (4,838 Views)
Community Ambassador

srazakk wrote:
i have the exact same problem, can someone please help

Have you tried to make a call to Skype Echo Sound Test Service (echo123)?

Message 10 of 14 (4,833 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 8 in conversation