By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

skype settings/prefrences ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Casual Adventurer

Is it possible to use and old version of Skype in Windows 8.1 ?

If not, where do I reject a spam contact or where do I set up the camera etc. It seesm you can only chat or talk with this new Skype - I really don't like it

Community Ambassador

anati wrote:

Is it possible to use and old version of Skype in Windows 8.1 ?

If not, where do I reject a spam contact or where do I set up the camera etc. It seesm you can only chat or talk with this new Skype - I really don't like it

You can install the desktop version on your Windows 8.1 computer.

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.16.0.105.msi

Casual Adventurer

How do you get to the Options menu?

Community Ambassador

If you install the desktop version then the Option menu can be accessed by Tools -> Options.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Skype-Essential-Videos-for-Windows-Desktop/td-p...

Casual Adventurer

Thanks ruwin, I know how to work with the "normal" Skype and have full functionality. My question was related to the new Skype for Win 8.1 which I have now simply uninstalled... Skype for desktop works well and I hope it will continue to be an option.

Casual Adventurer

ruwim, sorry if I misspelled your name before.

Casual Tourist

what does WIN+C mean? I still cant find skype in settings. Help please! Thank you.

Casual Tourist

How to do Win+c can you explain. 

I can't see preferences on my skype app. for the widows 7

Thanks

Community Ambassador

tacura wrote:

How to do Win+c can you explain. 

I can't see preferences on my skype app. for the widows 7

Thanks

If you are using Skype desktop version, then go to Tools -> Options.

Novel Tourist

I am new to Windows 8, but how do I exactly "Run Skype >> Win + C >> Settings >> Options"?

NVM... just figured it out; while Skype is running, hit the 'Windows' button and 'c', then click on Settings, then click on Options.

Discussion Stats