By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

skype settings/prefrences ?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Casual Adventurer

Is it possible to use and old version of Skype in Windows 8.1 ?

If not, where do I reject a spam contact or where do I set up the camera etc. It seesm you can only chat or talk with this new Skype - I really don't like it

Message 21 of 41 (2,353 Views)
Community Ambassador

anati wrote:

Is it possible to use and old version of Skype in Windows 8.1 ?

If not, where do I reject a spam contact or where do I set up the camera etc. It seesm you can only chat or talk with this new Skype - I really don't like it

You can install the desktop version on your Windows 8.1 computer.

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.16.0.105.msi

Message 22 of 41 (2,339 Views)
Casual Adventurer

How do you get to the Options menu?

Message 23 of 41 (2,330 Views)
Community Ambassador

If you install the desktop version then the Option menu can be accessed by Tools -> Options.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Skype-Essential-Videos-for-Windows-Desktop/td-p...

Message 24 of 41 (2,324 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Thanks ruwin, I know how to work with the "normal" Skype and have full functionality. My question was related to the new Skype for Win 8.1 which I have now simply uninstalled... Skype for desktop works well and I hope it will continue to be an option.

Message 25 of 41 (2,298 Views)
Casual Adventurer

ruwim, sorry if I misspelled your name before.

Message 26 of 41 (2,298 Views)
Casual Tourist

what does WIN+C mean? I still cant find skype in settings. Help please! Thank you.

Message 27 of 41 (2,208 Views)
Casual Tourist

How to do Win+c can you explain. 

I can't see preferences on my skype app. for the widows 7

Thanks

Message 28 of 41 (2,136 Views)
Community Ambassador

tacura wrote:

How to do Win+c can you explain. 

I can't see preferences on my skype app. for the widows 7

Thanks

If you are using Skype desktop version, then go to Tools -> Options.

Message 29 of 41 (2,133 Views)
Novel Tourist

I am new to Windows 8, but how do I exactly "Run Skype >> Win + C >> Settings >> Options"?

NVM... just figured it out; while Skype is running, hit the 'Windows' button and 'c', then click on Settings, then click on Options.

Message 30 of 41 (1,948 Views)
Discussion Stats