By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

my video screen was reversed

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

the appearance of my video on my skype video calls was reversed, it's wiered. the other party gets confused, i was raising my right hand but they thought it was my left hand was raising. how can i get it back my video appearance like a mirror to me?

Message 1 of 12 (17,183 Views)
11 Replies
Former Ambassador

The problem is likely in settings in the software provided with your webcam.  For example, in the Logitech webcam advanced settings there's an Image orientation option:  Normed/Mirrored.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Message 2 of 12 (17,180 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Mine is too - ever since the last upgrade when they also made the picture of me so small I can hardly tell if I'm even in the screen!  I can't find anyplace to adjust either issue.

Message 3 of 12 (17,175 Views)
Former Ambassador

If your own video is mirrored in Tools > Options > Video settings, the mirroring is being done by your webcam driver/software, not by Skype.

As for the small PIP, click on the PIP once.  That will make it larger and also allow you to adjust the size further by dragging the corners of the PIP window.

Message 4 of 12 (17,172 Views)
Novel Tourist

g4pilut wrote:

If your own video is mirrored in Tools > Options > Video settings, the mirroring is being done by your webcam driver/software, not by Skype.

Okay.  Care to offer any advice on how to fix the problem, since the video settings preview is not mirrored?

Message 5 of 12 (17,081 Views)
Former Ambassador

If your video isn't mirror on the Video settings page, what's actually the problem?

Message 6 of 12 (17,077 Views)
Novel Tourist
I have the same reversed video of myself during calls yet not in video preview settings, Clearly a Skype problem, the camera driver does not support a reverse setting.
Please help Skype support !
Anyone ???,
maybe time to switch to google.
Message 7 of 12 (16,855 Views)
Novel Adventurer

For some bizzare reason the Skype code writers think people want to see themselves in a mirror on the preview window even though we are in the 21st century and are familiar with seeing ourselves on camera, non-mirrored.  Take the setup window.  It is not mirrored and we are comfortable with it and understand it.  Most all other chat previews show us the video OTHERS are seeing, and that makes perfect sense.  After all, it is a PREVIEW of what THEY see, so it should be the same, NOT mirrored.  At the very least we should have an option, but the developers don't seem to think anyone would have a view (or preview) other than their own.(?)  Silly and needless to pervert the preview window by mirroring it. 

Message 8 of 12 (16,597 Views)
Former Ambassador

Well...most of the time I actually prefer seeing myself as I do when looking in a mirror.  I think the point is it would be nice if Skype would give us to option to mirror or not mirror our PIP.   However, I'm not holding my breath waiting for that option to be offered. 

Message 9 of 12 (16,564 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I had the same problem: Skype video reversed L-R while in calls, but correct in Video settings.

There are no mirror video settings in the Video settings.

My solution lay with my OEM camera utilities - in my case, Dell WebCam Utility.

Toggle the mirror setting in your camera utility. If it's on, turn it off. If it's off, turn it on.

Skype Version: 6.14.04

Message 10 of 12 (11,274 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 9 in conversation