By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

...failed to get proc adress for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll)

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

... Please help me ... I do not know what to do ... my skype worked perfectly until I tried to install the new version ... just throws FATAL ERROR failed to get proc adress for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll) ... I've tried everything ... I even contacted the people from Skype customer support ... I did everything they told me ... but the situation has not changed ... I deleted skype and all its folders ... re-downloaded  (from skype.com) and re-installed... in half the installation instead of opening my skype this come up ... failed to get proc adress for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll) ... and when I click on Skype's icon, this this come up ... What should I do?
...best regards!!!
Ivana

Message 1 of 70 (68,689 Views)
69 Replies
Novel Adventurer

Exactly the same is happening to me right now. I´ve read somewhere to install Microsoft Net framework so that could help but nothing really helped. The error message keeps coming up. Does anybody can help us??

Message 2 of 70 (68,650 Views)
Super Aviator

What Windows Service Pack do you have Installed?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 3 of 70 (68,412 Views)
Novel Tourist

i am on windows XP i have a same problem IT s HORRIBLE help me PLEEEEAASSEEEE

Message 4 of 70 (68,325 Views)
Novel Adventurer
II know I have the same problem please help!!
Message 5 of 70 (67,877 Views)
Super Aviator

meddy95210,

Make sure you have Service Pack 3 and Internet Explorer 8 installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 6 of 70 (67,854 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Is that safe to download?
Message 7 of 70 (67,845 Views)
Community Ambassador

Those are direct downloads from Microsoft (the makers of your OS), so it would be safe to say it's the safest place to get it, when compared to all other sites.

Message 8 of 70 (67,829 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I´ve tried everything .....the only way to have skype running again was installing windows SP3 and the old version of skype again. I don´t this new version anymore...thank you!

Message 9 of 70 (67,036 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have the same problem as you guys !!! help me to fix this problem ? anybody ?

Message 10 of 70 (64,117 Views)
Discussion Stats