By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Why my webcam is upside down? (ASUS)

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Im using Asus. And my webcam is upside down? How to rotate? When im using my webcam as normal use. Its not upside down. But when i use it for skype. Its getting upside down. Help me please.

Message 1 of 32 (314,460 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by nabilnordin0208
‎28-08-2015 11:00

if there is no way to flip your video vertically

in skype - tools - options - video settings - webcam settings,

then install manycam, open your asus cam in manycam, and open manycam in skype. more details:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/why-is-my-video-image-of-myself-upside-down/m-p/251260#M23292

De Dom en Kölle
· Lösungen zu den häufigsten Problemen im Forum.
↘ Klick auf den grünen Daumen, wenn du meine Bemühungen ok findest.
↘ Click on the green thumb-up, if you appreciate my efforts.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 32 (343,210 Views)
31 Replies
Esteemed Adventurer

please switch another skype version to have a try.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 32 (314,428 Views)
Novel Adventurer

like what? can you give me a link? Btw thank you for helping.

Message 3 of 32 (314,410 Views)
Super Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by nabilnordin0208
‎28-08-2015 11:00

if there is no way to flip your video vertically

in skype - tools - options - video settings - webcam settings,

then install manycam, open your asus cam in manycam, and open manycam in skype. more details:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/why-is-my-video-image-of-myself-upside-down/m-p/251260#M23292

De Dom en Kölle

Message 4 of 32 (343,211 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thank you for helping! Its work!

Message 5 of 32 (314,377 Views)
Novel Tourist
I've installed manycam and my vid is still upside down!
Message 6 of 32 (310,889 Views)
Former Ambassador

If you're using an Asus laptop, see this link for a possible solution to your problem:

http://www.asus-drivers.com/resources/how-to-solve-webcam-upside-down-issue.html

If that doesn't help, I'll leave more on using ManyCam to kicks-mobil. 

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Message 7 of 32 (310,886 Views)
Super Adventurer

blueslovr2 wrote:
I've installed manycam and my vid is still upside down

just installing manycam will not cure the problem. you have to make settings in manycam and in skype as explained in the instruction http://bit.ly/H4AVen

De Dom en Kölle

Message 8 of 32 (310,840 Views)
Novel Tourist

The program "MANYCAM" is great, just beware of the bundled "ask crapware" (Computer techician term, not mine) attached to it. Choose Custom Installation (The option thats not prefered, don't panic, custom install is very simple) untick the options you dont want like, starting the program when windows starts, & the shortcuts wanting to be placed all over your PC or laptop. A simple shortcut in your start menu will suffice, and VERY IMPORTANTLY "decline" the installation of the ask toolbar. My partner is a computer tech and he tells me repeatedly what problems can come of installing toolbars, specifically the "ask toolbar". Hope that small input saves someone, somewhere some trouble. Thanks for reading.

Message 9 of 32 (291,581 Views)
Novel Tourist

Hey man, thanks! It worked. My ASUS laptop just got saved. 

Message 10 of 32 (289,907 Views)
Discussion Stats