By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Where is the MSI download?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer

I'm not trashing my computer by running some shady exe.  Where is the MSI?

And why can't I use my email address here?  I tried to register with it, and it says it's already in use.  Yeah... by ME, so why can't I use it?

*removed for privacy*

Message 1 of 8 (20,014 Views)
7 Replies
Super Aviator

Here is the direct link of the MSI installer

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 8 (20,009 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Awesome, thanks!

Message 3 of 8 (19,664 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hahahahaha, not even a bit surprised by this, MSI is not anywhere near compatible on Surface RT.

Message 4 of 8 (16,890 Views)
Casual Tourist

That helps one heck of a lot, thanks.  Can't get the light installer to work.  Hopefully this will do the trick with the libraries and such already contained within.

Message 5 of 8 (15,756 Views)
Casual Adventurer

StopForcingMe wrote:

Hahahahaha, not even a bit surprised by this, MSI is not anywhere near compatible on Surface RT.

That's because it's not signed for execution on windows rt.  MS keeps it way too locked down to be very useful.

Message 6 of 8 (11,616 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Is it possible to know why the link to the msi installer is linked anywhere on the site? Why is it needed to ask always in the community to get the link?

Community Ambassador

If you are looking for an .msi release, you can always use this static link:

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi 

Message 8 of 8 (6,064 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation