By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Updating, Error 2503, 2502, 1603

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Novel Tourist

I'm trying to download the most recent free version of Skype, because it's not going to let me log on properly otherwise (getting an I/O Error message on the blue log-in pop-up). Halfway through installing, it tells me it's encountered Error code 2503, then it immediately follows up with 2502, and five seconds later it tells me that fatal error 1603 has occurred. It's got permission to run, I've tried running it as-admin, I have no clue what to do now.

Message 1 of 9 (4,415 Views)
8 Replies
Novel Tourist
I need the solution too.
Message 2 of 9 (4,393 Views)
Novel Tourist

Yup, me too!

Message 3 of 9 (4,375 Views)
Novel Tourist
Regarding Updating Error 2502 and 2503
Me, too
Message 4 of 9 (4,365 Views)
Casual Tourist

I'm having the same problem have tried deleting the program and reinstalling it but still keeps coming up with these error codes

Message 5 of 9 (4,328 Views)
Novel Tourist
Me, too.

I need help !!!
Message 6 of 9 (4,195 Views)
Tourist

jothebookish89 wrote:

I'm trying to download the most recent free version of Skype, because it's not going to let me log on properly otherwise (getting an I/O Error message on the blue log-in pop-up). Halfway through installing, it tells me it's encountered Error code 2503, then it immediately follows up with 2502, and five seconds later it tells me that fatal error 1603 has occurred. It's got permission to run, I've tried running it as-admin, I have no clue what to do now.

jothebookish89 wrote:

Message 7 of 9 (2,626 Views)
Novel Tourist

I also have the same problem,regarding 2503,2502 and after 1603. What is the solution?

Community Ambassador

The problem is most likely with permissions on C:\Windows\Installer folder. Right click on this folder, Select Properties and then Security tab. System and Administrator must have Full control.

http://community.skype.com/t5/The-Skype-Lounge/re-install-skype/m-p/338886#M54091

Message 9 of 9 (2,502 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 9 in conversation