By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

The other person can hear me, but I can't hear him

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I use Windows 7 and I can't hear the other person although the other person hears me. Skype testing call is the same. Skype works great on my other laptop so I suppose it's my PC that is the issue? My microphone works fine in windows as i tested it and i can hear music on youtube. I tried a diff headset and it's the same issue.

Suggestions anyone?

Message 1 of 7 (83,702 Views)
6 Replies
Power User

Hi!  the suggestions/procedures compiled in the thread below might help;

Skype Audio Problems Basic Troubleshooting

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Message 2 of 7 (83,574 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

Thanks a lot. It helped. When I installed the latest Skype update, it reseted my audio settings. I just changed back and problem solved, for now. lol

Message 3 of 7 (83,572 Views)
Novel Tourist
I can't hear the other person but other person can hear me
Message 4 of 7 (75,811 Views)
Community Ambassador

Try to make a test call to Skype Echo Sound Test Service (echo123). Ask your contact to do the same.

Message 5 of 7 (75,790 Views)
Novel Tourist

Didn't help even in skype 6.16

Message 6 of 7 (63,965 Views)
Casual Tourist

I am also having the same problem with skype. The other person can hear me well, however, when they speakionly hear 2 or 3 words and the voice faded out. I have checked everythingon my end and the otherperson's side as well. The only thing i can assume is that i download skype on my mobile and then uninstalled, after this was whenmyissue began. So i am wondering if, i have to reinstall skype on my mobile for it to start working again on my laptop!!??!! Inquiring mind wants to know, i would appreciate any feed back. Thank you in advance!!!

Message 7 of 7 (59,989 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 6 in conversation