By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype not responding

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer

Im using avast whole time, never had problem also using it on my second notebook with no problems with skype.
(EDIT: the older one im not using it too much these days)

Message 11 of 19 (135 Views)
Community Ambassador

For testing purpose try to disable Avast and any Firewall.

Message 12 of 19 (131 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Tried but still problem, turn on skype and after few seconds after click on contact its not responding. (im trying only with the newest one now)

Message 13 of 19 (129 Views)
Community Ambassador

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode with Networking and then start Skype.

Message 14 of 19 (125 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I tried, sent some messages and after like one minute window just disappeared, tried to turn it on again but again after few seconds just disappeared without any info.

Message 15 of 19 (120 Views)
Community Ambassador

Do you have any VPN/proxy applications installed?

Please, run the "tasklist" command, which will show which processes are running on your computer.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Do-I-have-a-virus-or-did-i-get-hacked/m-p/28798...

Message 16 of 19 (115 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I dont have anything like that installed and seems like im clear.

Message 17 of 19 (113 Views)
Community Ambassador

Something on your computer is closing your Skype, so it's not that clear.

Message 18 of 19 (111 Views)
Highlighted
Casual Adventurer

With this command:
tasklist  >  f:\Games\tasklist.txt
Im not able to create the text file with it (the folder is existing i have steam and other stuff installed there), i can maybe screenshot the Task Managers with procceses.

Message 19 of 19 (105 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation