By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype installation "Fatal Error" for Windows XP

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

It all started when i updated skype it said:

Fatal Error
Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll)

 

Then when i deleted it and reinstalled it, it said the same thing please help me !!! 

Thank you

 

Message 1 of 16 (21,291 Views)
15 Replies
Community Ambassador

The only what you need to do in order to solve this issue is to update your Windows XP installation to Service Pack 3.

 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

 

The GetLogicalProcessorInformation function was first introduced in Windows XP with Service Pack 3 and was not present on older Windows XP installations.

Message 2 of 16 (21,283 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

italias wrote:

It all started when i updated skype it said:

Fatal Error
Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll)

 

Then when i deleted it and reinstalled it, it said the same thing please help me !!! 

Thank you

 


plezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:

Message 3 of 16 (20,119 Views)
Community Ambassador

arifsaleem4 wrote:

italias wrote:

It all started when i updated skype it said:

Fatal Error
Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll)

 

Then when i deleted it and reinstalled it, it said the same thing please help me !!! 

Thank you

 


plezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:


In order to solve this issue you need to update your Windows XP installation to Service Pack 3.

 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

 

The GetLogicalProcessorInformation function was first introduced in Windows XP with Service Pack 3 and was not present on older Windows XP installations.

Message 4 of 16 (20,096 Views)
Casual Tourist

skype fatal eror

Message 5 of 16 (17,798 Views)
Novel Tourist

plz help us to take out this error,XP fatal error

Message 6 of 16 (16,104 Views)
Casual Tourist

i have a proble with instaling skype .fatal error

please help me

Message 7 of 16 (11,871 Views)
Community Ambassador

f1981 wrote:

i have a proble with instaling skype .fatal error

please help me


What exactly is this "fatal error" saying?

Message 8 of 16 (11,857 Views)
Novel Tourist

please help me to install skype in my pc

Message 9 of 16 (9,725 Views)
Novel Tourist

fatal error

Message 10 of 16 (9,650 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 21292 views
  • 50 kudos
  • 14 in conversation