By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype for Windows version 6.16 is available now

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Former Staff

We've just released Skype 6.16 for Windows Desktop. Please upgrade by downloading it from www.skype.com/go/getskype

Fixed bugs:

- blocked contacts appearing in Skype Home,

- no input fields (blue window) in login Window,

- crash when chat name contains "&#" characters.

And as always, we are looking forward to hear your feedback shared with Skype here on the community, as we continue making Skype even better.

Message 1 of 124 (44,915 Views)
123 Replies
Veteran Adventurer

For those interested, the 6.16 version that also includes spellcheck (on Win 8.x only):

http://download.skype.com/bf94b0508d33d968c9200839f080e127/partner/59/SkypeSetupFull.exe

Message 2 of 124 (44,837 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Does this version work with the Opus codec?

Thank you very much.

Message 3 of 124 (44,811 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Did they put back the missing emoticons?

Message 4 of 124 (44,438 Views)
Novel Adventurer

How about making Skype UI look like Lync UI

Message 5 of 124 (44,423 Views)
Community Ambassador

It doesn't appear they've reversed their decision on any emoticons in this version (removed or cat).  Also in reference to the opus codec.  If there were major changes made, they would undoubtedly be advertised.  I have no idea when/if they plan to provide that anytime soon.

Message 6 of 124 (44,421 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Bummer... still no (finger) emote.  I suppose I'll just have to keep using an actual picture of my middle finger...

Message 7 of 124 (44,382 Views)
Experienced Adventurer

Anyone else have issue with turning on auto-update (6.16)?

Says I need admin, so I ran skype as admin (although, I'm the only user of this PC and my account IS admin), and still can't turn auto-update on...

Everything else looks normal, and the blocked contacts are gone, but...

UGH!!

UPDATE:  I just went to another PC...  Auto-updates are on, but Skype has not updated.  Other PC is still running 6.14.  Hmmm... in fixing the blocked contacts issue, did something go awry with the auto-update feature????

Message 8 of 124 (44,219 Views)
Honorary Adventurer

There's no point in updating from 6.13 until the emoticons are fixed.

Message 9 of 124 (43,878 Views)
Community Manager

annybabe: The "Check for updates" functionality is not yet pointing at 6.16, but will currently compare against 6.14. This will change in the next days.

Regarding the auto-update functionality there's a separate topic here: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Can-t-enable-auto-update-on-6-16/td-p/3146750

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 10 of 124 (43,739 Views)