By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype emoticons virus?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

cause my friend well really. he side it gives virus  to the pc like someone can get it like hacking is it true? and thats the last thing i need i got norton630 so im safe

Message 11 of 64 (5,975 Views)
Novel Tourist

I also received same message from my friend.

At that time, I checked the message in my i-phone and accessed the site.

I clicked "down load" button, but it was unable.

In that case, is my iphone safe?

I am a beginner, so I am worried...

Sorry for disturbing in desktop client support, but if anyone knows, please kindly advise me with thank you!

Tourist

Plasticbricks, thanks for your advice. Indeed, it helps to get rid of this malware. Even Avast and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware couldn't detect it! Thanks!

Plasticbricks wrote:

Here is a method I definitely works that doesn't require any additional software. Thank you Asad Naeem blogspot for sharing.

So here are the following steps to remove it:
1- Uninstall SkypEmoticons from Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs

but it is still there
2 - So go to your Task Manager

3 - Right click and Open file location like that

4 - As the folder opens, click End task the SkypEmoticons (32 bit) process from task manager and then delete the folder named SkypEmoticons from Roaming folder as in the image. Usually the path is"C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SkypEmoticons"

5 - Now you are free from this malware.

Message 13 of 64 (5,916 Views)
Novel Adventurer

OMG TYSM David!!

Message 14 of 64 (5,788 Views)
Power User

I think it is advisable not to download and install this software unless you really want it or need it.  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Message 15 of 64 (5,781 Views)
Novel Tourist
Thank you. I also got it, thanks for the help to remove it. Madar
Message 16 of 64 (5,762 Views)
Novel Tourist

i tried this...its not working. SE always showing.

Message 17 of 64 (5,737 Views)
Casual Tourist

plz tell me how to remove extended skype emoticons program

after installing the program on my pc

I don't know how to delete it

plz help me,,

Message 18 of 64 (5,697 Views)
Novel Tourist

n):

Message 19 of 64 (5,653 Views)
Novel Tourist

help me