By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype doesn't work on Windows Started at Asus netbook

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hi everyone.

I can't get skype at my asus netbook with windows started 7. Everytime that I try to open the program it shows me a message that says that windows can't found the program. I also checked the proprieties also changed to use only in Wndows 7. Is there nybody here with this problem?

tks

Message 1 of 18 (9,573 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Ambassador
Solution
Accepted as a solution by FDangelo
‎28-08-2015 11:00
Message 2 of 18 (9,963 Views)
17 Replies
Community Ambassador
Solution
Accepted as a solution by FDangelo
‎28-08-2015 11:00
Message 2 of 18 (9,964 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thanks very much Ruwin

It fixed. You are very right. It was the application. Also I followed this that you wrote in another post:

open the registry editor and go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

delete the key labeled "skype.exe" and you should be good to go.

And worked!!!!

tks again

Message 3 of 18 (9,556 Views)
Community Ambassador

Great y):.

Message 4 of 18 (9,544 Views)
Novel Adventurer
there is only a file name "Default" inside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

Any alternative way? I am so frustated by this Skype problem..Really dissapointing.
Message 5 of 18 (8,961 Views)
Novel Tourist

I thank you ,it worked.

Message 6 of 18 (8,691 Views)
Novel Tourist

works greaty):

Message 7 of 18 (7,989 Views)
Novel Tourist

Worked, thanks!

Message 8 of 18 (7,124 Views)
Novel Tourist

That 'Default' is not the only option there. Basically,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

The Image File Execution is itself an expandable menu. Expand it to see Skype.exe. Delete and Voila!

Message 9 of 18 (6,403 Views)
Casual Adventurer

ruwim wrote:

Have you installed TuneUp utility software.

Try this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Skype-didn-t-open/m-p/610037#M50191

See also this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/skype-doesn-t-work/m-p/815922#M61332

Hi,

I have uninstalled McAfee Family Protection but cannot find skype.exe in the windows registry.  I'm still getting the message about skype.exe being corrupt.  Needless to say I still cannot sign in to Skype even though  Tune up utilities says it has permanently abled Skype 6.14.

What else can I do? 

Message 10 of 18 (6,048 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 10 in conversation