By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype crashes constantly

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I've been using Skype almost daily for months now and have never had any serious issues. Suddenly, just starting tonight, Skype crashes any time I do either one of two things: 1) Try to call someone (just audio; didn't even bother with video); 2) open a Facebook chat window.

When it crashes (it happened 10 times or so till I finally gave up), a Windows error message pops up suggesting I get the newest update. However, when I check for updates through Skype, I'm told I already have the newest version.

I really hope someone can help me. I'm getting a major headache over this.

Message 1 of 41 (28,181 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Casual Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by exactoman59
‎28-08-2015 11:00
Message 2 of 41 (28,089 Views)
40 Replies
Casual Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by exactoman59
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Download the 5.7beta version to solve your issue.  http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/

Message 2 of 41 (28,090 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Awesome. That seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

Message 3 of 41 (27,944 Views)
Novel Tourist

It STILL crashes after I download newest version!!! HELP!!!!

Message 4 of 41 (27,369 Views)
Reliable Adventurer

You probably did not completely close skype, it tells you how to do so here

Message 5 of 41 (27,295 Views)
Novel Tourist
i have same problem, it started today i have tried so many things when u start with the newest version and even restoring my computer to earlier point its solve the problem but only until i finish my call and when i went to place another call it crashed again and the solution was to download the newest 5.7 if i m not mistaking . and i did it and the same problem recurring over and over again ,so there is noting else i can do, PLS HELP !!!!!!!
Message 6 of 41 (27,212 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I have the same problem!!!

Message 7 of 41 (27,157 Views)
Honorary Adventurer

Many of u said u couldn't download the link cause there was a breakage in this link so I am re-posting it--If u read many of the posts concerning this skype crashing issue it has been recommended that u install the latest version of skype that includes adding ur facebook friends to ur contact list and it works-I can now IM message AND also video chat with all my contacts-I have tested it after the installation and it works fine-See other posts recommending this fix-I myself have windows 7-64 bit-heres the updated link(so sorry my original link had a breakage and couldnt be opened)http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/     THIS IS THE BETA 5.7 DOWNLOAD

Message 8 of 41 (27,143 Views)
Novel Tourist

Message 9 of 41 (27,134 Views)
Novel Tourist

That doesn't fix anything... Does skype even have customer support? Or does it just have the "support network" "Hey guys, you can have fun figuring out your problems urselves!" WOO! Awesome, at least 2-3 years of using skype.. NOOO PROBLEMS what so ever, last two days... "Skype has shut down" over... and over... and over... Got it to work last night by updating and now same **bleep** again.. Awesome.. If this does not get checked out im switching over to teamspeak or **bleep**ty ventrilo or something!

n):

Message 10 of 41 (27,041 Views)
Discussion Stats