By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype chat messing up

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

So I have the latest version of skype but when I get a msg from someone or I reply to a msg no mater what my msgs are always above the msgs of the person im talking to, Iv put up with this for a few weeks but its really annoying.

could you help please

See more topics labeled with:

Message 1 of 7 (4,158 Views)
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted as a solution by Vulcan.C
‎01-01-2016 17:17

Hi and welcome to the Skype Community,

This is unfortunately a known problem for some users of Skype for Windows with the very latest version 7.17.0.105 - As a temporary workaround while we are working on an updated version with a fix please download and install the previous version here: http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_7.17.0.104.msi

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7 (4,745 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted by Hawk_West (Moderator)
‎13-01-2016 01:07

Try the latest 7.18.0.103, I installed this version and now everything's fine.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7 (2,393 Views)
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted as a solution by Vulcan.C
‎01-01-2016 17:17

Hi and welcome to the Skype Community,

This is unfortunately a known problem for some users of Skype for Windows with the very latest version 7.17.0.105 - As a temporary workaround while we are working on an updated version with a fix please download and install the previous version here: http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_7.17.0.104.msi

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 7 (4,746 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Thanks a million for the help
Message 3 of 7 (4,144 Views)
Casual Tourist

Is the download server being overwhelmed by the downgrade downloads? I have been getting network errors and the download goes up to 20% and then just crashes.

Is anyone else encountering an issue with downloading the old version?

Message 4 of 7 (2,336 Views)
Novel Tourist

Issue is affecting several people in our office. Thank you for the "fix".

VERY Frustrating. Please fix as soon as possible.

Message 5 of 7 (1,887 Views)
Casual Tourist

link is not working anymore... and Skype is still messed up...

any other help available?

Message 6 of 7 (1,820 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted by Hawk_West (Moderator)
‎13-01-2016 01:07

Try the latest 7.18.0.103, I installed this version and now everything's fine.

Message 7 of 7 (2,394 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation