By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

Skype chat messing up

SOLVED
Go to solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

So I have the latest version of skype but when I get a msg from someone or I reply to a msg no mater what my msgs are always above the msgs of the person im talking to, Iv put up with this for a few weeks but its really annoying.

could you help please

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the Skype Community,

This is unfortunately a known problem for some users of Skype for Windows with the very latest version 7.17.0.105 - As a temporary workaround while we are working on an updated version with a fix please download and install the previous version here: http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_7.17.0.104.msi

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks"
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
Casual Adventurer

Try the latest 7.18.0.103, I installed this version and now everything's fine.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 7 of 7
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the Skype Community,

This is unfortunately a known problem for some users of Skype for Windows with the very latest version 7.17.0.105 - As a temporary workaround while we are working on an updated version with a fix please download and install the previous version here: http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_7.17.0.104.msi

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks"
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
Novel Adventurer
Thanks a million for the help
Flag for a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Novel Adventurer

Is the download server being overwhelmed by the downgrade downloads? I have been getting network errors and the download goes up to 20% and then just crashes.

Is anyone else encountering an issue with downloading the old version?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Novel Tourist

Issue is affecting several people in our office. Thank you for the "fix".

VERY Frustrating. Please fix as soon as possible.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
Casual Tourist

link is not working anymore... and Skype is still messed up...

any other help available?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Casual Adventurer

Try the latest 7.18.0.103, I installed this version and now everything's fine.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 7 of 7
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation