By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Fatal Error, (KERNEL32.dll)

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer
Video call won't work
Message 231 of 358 (614 Views)
Reliable Adventurer
Turn on webcam? Slow Internet? Did it work before? What happened?
Message 232 of 358 (596 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Actually this is in error. Updating to SP3 is not the fix, especially if you have SP3 already installed and Skype was working on SP3 in the past.

I have had SP3 for quite some time and it wasn't until the last time Skype updated that I started having the problem which was 6 Nov 13.

I've uninstalled the current version of skype, went to version 6.6 and same results. Did an uninstall again, this time clearing the registry of Skype and did a fresh install of 6.10 and error occurs.

The problem appears to have started with the latest push for version 6.9, my other systems with versions below 6.9 and yes all running SP3 have no problems. Systems with version 6.9 and above all have the problem.

The cure if you are running SP3 and version 6.9 or above, uninstall Skype, edit the registry and delete entries for HKLM, Software, Skype and also HKLU, Software, Skype.

Then go to Documents and Settings, All Users, Application Data and delete Skype.

Go to Documents and Settings, <Current User>, Application Data and delete Skype

Go to Documents and Settings, <Current User>, Local Settings, Application Data and delete Skype.

Also wouldnt hurt to see if it got put in Documents and Settings, All Users, Start Menu, Programs if so delete it.

Locate and download Skypesetup version 6.6.0.106.msi, when it's installed and running go to <Tools>,<Options>,<Advanced>,<Automatic Updates> and turn this off.

Message 233 of 358 (576 Views)
Community Ambassador

What exactly is the error mesage you receive when running Skype 6.9 or higher?

Not all kernel32.dll error messages are the same.

Only the error message saying: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll) is related to missing SP3 update.

Message 234 of 358 (567 Views)
Casual Tourist

Hmmm. I have the same problem, but this step did not fix it.  Any other suggestions?

Message 235 of 358 (525 Views)
Community Ambassador

MindfulGuidance wrote:

Hmmm. I have the same problem, but this step did not fix it.  Any other suggestions?

What exactly is the text of the error message?

Message 236 of 358 (523 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hi All,

Getting same Kernel Error(Appliction Error). I have installed XP SP3....any suggestions would help please? 

Thanks

Hari

Message 237 of 358 (462 Views)
Reliable Adventurer

Hari_kris wrote:

Hi All,

Getting same Kernel Error(Appliction Error). I have installed XP SP3....any suggestions would help please? 

Thanks

Hari

Remove Skype version 6.9 and reinstall version 6.6 and turn automatic updates OFF. I had same situation and could not remove or reinstall SP3. Good luck and let forum  know the results.

Message 238 of 358 (442 Views)
Casual Tourist

ka daryti negaliu atidaryti savo skaipo

Message 239 of 358 (438 Views)
Community Ambassador

Hari_kris wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks

Hari

What exactly is the text of the error message?

Message 240 of 358 (437 Views)