By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Fatal Error, (KERNEL32.dll)

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer
plz, clin error to kernel32.dll
Message 141 of 358 (1,211 Views)
Community Ambassador

KAPADIA.CHETAN wrote:
plz, clin error to kernel32.dll

In order to solve this issue you need to update your Windows XP installation to Service Pack 3.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

The GetLogicalProcessorInformation function was first introduced in Windows XP with Service Pack 3 and was not present on older Windows XP installations

Message 142 of 358 (1,210 Views)
Novel Tourist

robertf2424 wrote:

I use skype on my Windows XP. It is an old computer, but I make it work. I now get this Fatal Error when I try to open Skype: "Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll)". I have Deleted and redownloaded Skype to see if that would fix it but it hasn't. How can I fix this? 

salam 3likom
Message 143 of 358 (1,203 Views)
Casual Tourist

Dear Sir

I used Skype 6. But now it shows Fatel errorKERNEL32.dll.solve this problem.

Thanks

Message 144 of 358 (1,177 Views)
Community Ambassador

srinivenkatrama wrote:

Dear Sir

I used Skype 6. But now it shows Fatel errorKERNEL32.dll.solve this problem.

Thanks

In order to solve this issue you need to update your Windows XP installation to Service Pack 3.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

The GetLogicalProcessorInformation function was first introduced in Windows XP with Service Pack 3 and was not present on older Windows XP installations

Message 145 of 358 (1,174 Views)
Novel Tourist

i have fatal error on my skype

Message 146 of 358 (1,155 Views)
Community Ambassador

So what?

Message 147 of 358 (720 Views)
Casual Tourist

:cathappy:

Spoiler
please!:catembarrassed:

Message 148 of 358 (688 Views)