By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

SKYPE keeps shutting down after I do anything

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer
@sk, you're probably not an Administrator on your computer and do no have privileges.
Novel Adventurer

My Skype is crashing when I try and use video call. I get error message " instructions @0X00000000 referenced memory at memory could not be written" Like everyone else I have tried everything. I have also downloaded my webcam again and nothing. I have uninstalled skype and reinstalled it. I have changed compatibility settings. I have used device manager to see if there has been any hardware changes and to update drivers. I have run windows update. I have checked security program to make sure it is not blocking skype and I have turned off my pop up controller in browser. Help soon please

Novel Tourist

Mine is doing the same thing....wish it would get fixed.  I uninstalled and reinstalled several times but no luck.  PLEASE Skype, fix this issue ASAP!

Novel Tourist

Well, it's not just me having this problem then.

I have been trying to talk with my mom who's overseas all night and could not. Had uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Nothing helped.

I love Skype, but this is so frustrating.

I guess I just have to wait and see.

Novel Tourist
I have the same problem. Please fix this skype.
Novel Tourist

I have called 2 of my Skype friends on their mobile phones and they are having the same problems as all of us. No mention of it anywhere on google yet, other than a link to here.

Novel Tourist

Yea mines been acting up like i would sign on and then look for someone to talk too and when i would it would just shut down. I've tried multiple times uninstalling it and reinstalling it. im gettin frustrated -.-

Highlighted
Honorary Adventurer

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/  INSTALL THIS VERSION TO FIX THE CRASHING PROBLEM-IT WORKS AND I AM SPREADING THE WORD-ITS THE LATEST VERSION OF SKYPE-I BY THE WAY HAVE LAPTOP w/ WINDOWS 7 & 64 BIT

Novel Tourist

So......... does anyone know what to do?

I was using skype just a few minutes ago, and all of a sudden: "Skype is not working, windows is closing the program blah blah blah."

So, I re-opened skype... didn't work, still crashed.
So, I restarted my computer, and re-opened skype... didn't work, still crashed.

So, I un-installed and re-installed skype... dind't work, still crashed. 

Novel Tourist
Same...I cant click on anything in skype without it "unable to function". Getting frustrated fast...HELP