By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

SKYPE keeps shutting down after I do anything

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Any move I make in Skype shuts it down I have downloaded the newest version and it still is doing this....

176 Replies
Casual Adventurer
I too just started experiencing the exact same problem! It was fine about an hour ago. Now, as soon as I log in and it doesnt matter what I click on, skype crashes!
Casual Adventurer

I went to control pannel/administrative tools/event viewer  and found this error with skype:

Faulting application name: Skype.exe, version: 5.6.59.110, time stamp: 0x4e96c2e0
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16850, time stamp: 0x4e211485
Exception code: 0x0eedfade
Fault offset: 0x0000b9bc
Faulting process id: 0xd48
Faulting application start time: 0x01cca72ae6590cbd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 54e42323-131e-11e1-80b2-00256486ae1b

Casual Tourist

Same problem.  I uninstalled Skype and reinstalled it, and it didn't help.

Novel Adventurer

Getting the same event log stated above. This is some bull.

Casual Adventurer
Skype for android still works fine tho. But will not work on Windows 7 pc 64 bit
Novel Adventurer

ok so i am have the same problem is it just for windows 7 it looks like dose any one no how to fix it and make it start working again?

Novel Adventurer

so what dose all that mean>?

Casual Adventurer

PLEASE FIX THIS SOON! <3

Highlighted
Casual Adventurer

Running it in Compatibility for Vista SP 2 fixes it for now. Please try this guys!