By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Removing Facebook contacts from Skype

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I want to remove my Facebook contacts from Skype. I have probably a dozen Skype contacts but since I connected to Facebook it says I have about 900 and it's really annoying me because nothing I've found helps me resolve this issue. I'm getting really annoyed and frustrated someone please help me!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Experienced Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by edelweiss28
‎28-08-2015 11:00
To remove a Contact, right-click on the contact you wish to remove. Then, at the bottom of the right-click menu, click "remove from contacts". Like this Post? Add Kudos!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 154 (60,482 Views)
153 Replies
Experienced Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by edelweiss28
‎28-08-2015 11:00
To remove a Contact, right-click on the contact you wish to remove. Then, at the bottom of the right-click menu, click "remove from contacts". Like this Post? Add Kudos!
Message 2 of 154 (60,483 Views)
Super Adventurer

edelweiss28 wrote:

I want to remove my Facebook contacts from Skype. I have probably a dozen Skype contacts but since I connected to Facebook it says I have about 900 and it's really annoying me because nothing I've found helps me resolve this issue. I'm getting really annoyed and frustrated someone please help me!!

Hi!  please visit the link below for suggestions/instructions on how to disable or turn off Facebook Updates and/or Facebook Chat, or to install a version with No Facebook integration.

How to Turn Off Facebook Updates and Facebook Chat

Novel Adventurer

I have a number of contacts that have "appeared" (even a Group of names) and when I click on them there is no "remove contact" option in the menu....  How do I remove them?

Message 4 of 154 (59,715 Views)
Super Adventurer

with regard to facebook contacts, the remove option is not available.  that option will only show for regular Skype contacts.

Message 5 of 154 (59,712 Views)
Novel Tourist
It doesn't work1
Message 6 of 154 (59,705 Views)
Super Adventurer

Gallibus wrote:
It doesn't work1

which one?

Message 7 of 154 (59,679 Views)
Novel Tourist

There is no "remove Contacts" option at the bottom when i right click on the contact. So how do we remove a contact from the contacts list?

Message 8 of 154 (59,396 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have the same question. I can do the right click and remove with my "normal" Skype contacts, but not with the ones from Facebook. I already disconnected Facebook from my Skype account, and I deleted the Skype app from my Facebook. I deleted Skype, and re-installed it, but nothing worked. I really want these contacts away from my Skype account, can someone please help?

Louise

Message 9 of 154 (58,905 Views)
Community Ambassador

LouiseNissen wrote:

I have the same question. I can do the right click and remove with my "normal" Skype contacts, but not with the ones from Facebook. I already disconnected Facebook from my Skype account, and I deleted the Skype app from my Facebook. I deleted Skype, and re-installed it, but nothing worked. I really want these contacts away from my Skype account, can someone please help?

Louise

Have you tried with Contacts -> Hide Facebook Firends?

Message 10 of 154 (58,895 Views)