By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Problem in installing skype.

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Community Ambassador

hortman1993 wrote:

I found the file and renamed it.  When you say restart skype, you just mean to double click on the icon to open it?  If so, it still does nothing.

What Windows system are you on (XP, Vista, Windows 7, is it 32 or 64-bit)?

Message 21 of 51 (789 Views)
Casual Adventurer

windows xp

Message 22 of 51 (784 Views)
Community Ambassador

On your computer open this folder:

C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\

Do you see there the Skype application file (Skype.exe). If so, then try to double click on this file.

Message 23 of 51 (780 Views)
Casual Adventurer
it is there - clicked it - nothing; right clicked & pressed "open" - nothing!
Message 24 of 51 (777 Views)
Community Ambassador

Have you checked your Firewall and Antivirus?

Message 25 of 51 (762 Views)
Casual Adventurer

i don't really know how to do that but will try to search online & see if I can figure it out

Message 26 of 51 (757 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I completely turned off my firewall and virus scan to see if that made a difference.  Still won't open.

Message 27 of 51 (747 Views)
Highlighted
Community Ambassador

This is one of the so-called “tuff cases”. Have you tried to re-boot your computer? Sometimes such a simple action can help.

Message 28 of 51 (733 Views)
Casual Adventurer

several times

it wouldn't be such a big deal except this has been the greatest way for my family to talk with my husband in afghanistan

thanks for your help

Message 29 of 51 (724 Views)
Community Ambassador

The only else what I can suggest is to try to create the so-called “portable” installation. I’m not sure if this will work for you, but you may try.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Skype-Remove-Itself/m-p/703319#M54525

Message 30 of 51 (1,135 Views)
Discussion Stats