By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Number of participants allowed on free skype conversation?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Message 1 of 10 (92,533 Views)
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted as a solution by econdeza
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Hi, econdeza, and welcome to the Community,

You can share a group call with up to 25 people, anywhere in the world, and if everyone’s on Skype it’s completely free.

If you’re calling people who are on a mobile or landline, you’ll need a little Skype Credit or a subscription.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA2831/making-a-group-call-windows-desktop

(For a group video call, one person on the call must be a Skype Premium subscriber, and the limit there is ten (10).)

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10 (106,864 Views)
Solution

Hi, econdeza,

Took a little digging, but I did find it in the FAQ articles!

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1005/how-do-i-start-a-group-instant-message-in-skype-for-windows-...

A group conversation allows you to send instant messages to two or more contacts simultaneously. You can do this by either creating a group from scratch, or by adding contacts to an existing conversation. Currently, you can add up to 300 contacts to one IM conversation.

Cheers,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10 (106,854 Views)
9 Replies
Solution

Hi, econdeza, and welcome to the Community,

You can share a group call with up to 25 people, anywhere in the world, and if everyone’s on Skype it’s completely free.

If you’re calling people who are on a mobile or landline, you’ll need a little Skype Credit or a subscription.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA2831/making-a-group-call-windows-desktop

(For a group video call, one person on the call must be a Skype Premium subscriber, and the limit there is ten (10).)

Regards,

Elaine

Message 2 of 10 (106,865 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thank you Elaine... really appreciate the info

Also... What is the maximum number of participants in free skype chat conversation in a chatroom?

Message 3 of 10 (92,512 Views)
Solution

Hi, econdeza,

Took a little digging, but I did find it in the FAQ articles!

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1005/how-do-i-start-a-group-instant-message-in-skype-for-windows-...

A group conversation allows you to send instant messages to two or more contacts simultaneously. You can do this by either creating a group from scratch, or by adding contacts to an existing conversation. Currently, you can add up to 300 contacts to one IM conversation.

Cheers,

Elaine

Message 4 of 10 (106,855 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Thank you very much Elaine... cheers!
Message 5 of 10 (92,499 Views)
Novel Tourist

Because of Xbox One, I was given Skype Premium. When I try to video chat with more than three people, I loose my ability to see video of all people but people in the group can see video. I also cannot transmit video. Why? 

Message 6 of 10 (91,494 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Is there a way to get over 25 participants on a conversation even at a cost?

Message 7 of 10 (82,473 Views)
Community Ambassador

No.

Message 8 of 10 (82,469 Views)
Novel Tourist

your welcome i really was stuck on what name to pick well thats what i came up with well have a good night i have to try and get some sleep for class

econdeza wrote:

25 right

Message 9 of 10 (77,898 Views)
Novel Adventurer

This page: 

http://www.skype.com/en/group-video-call/

now says group video calls are free. Has that changed from the last message in this thread, or has it always been like this?

Message 10 of 10 (76,379 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation