By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Not detecting webcam

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I have just installed skype for the first time on my laptop. I have a built in webcam but it's saying there is no webcam detected.  Do I need a seperate webcam or am I missing something obvious?

TIA

Message 1 of 32 (49,083 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Aviator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by beckie222
‎28-08-2015 11:00

You have to install latest webcam driver downloaded directly from laptop manufacturers website.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 32 (49,833 Views)
31 Replies
Super Aviator

First check your webcam is listed in Device Manager >> Imaging Devices.

Click Start >> Run >> Type devmgmt.msc

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 32 (49,072 Views)
Novel Adventurer

It's not listed on this.

Any suggestions what I could do?

Message 3 of 32 (49,069 Views)
Super Aviator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by beckie222
‎28-08-2015 11:00

You have to install latest webcam driver downloaded directly from laptop manufacturers website.

Regards,
Tamim

Message 4 of 32 (49,834 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thank you I got it working

Message 5 of 32 (49,059 Views)
Super Aviator

You are very welcome.

Regards,
Tamim

Message 6 of 32 (49,054 Views)
Novel Tourist

I am also having a problem with my webcam not being recognized.  I followed the directions given to "Becky".  My computer shows my webcam as working but Skype does not recognize it.  I am also having a problem hearing sound. (Only on Skype are these problems.)  What can I do to fix it?

Message 7 of 32 (48,918 Views)
Community Ambassador

kupuna96815 wrote:

I am also having a problem with my webcam not being recognized.  I followed the directions given to "Becky".  My computer shows my webcam as working but Skype does not recognize it.  I am also having a problem hearing sound. (Only on Skype are these problems.)  What can I do to fix it?

What do you see when in Skype you go to Tools -> Options -> Video settings?

Also what settings do you have for your Speakers in Tools -> Options -> Audio settings?

Message 8 of 32 (48,914 Views)
Casual Tourist

Hello,

My webcam was working fine on skype, but no it keeps saying that webcam is not detected. I have a build in webcam. what do i need to do to?

Message 9 of 32 (47,268 Views)
Novel Tourist

i got my webcam listed in it but still not detected in skype and also on the camera app of win 8

it says attach a camera

Discussion Stats