By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

No video call option

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Please help with video problem.  The "Video Call" option is greyed out and unavailable.  How can I reinstall the video call option?

Message 1 of 35 (23,035 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Ambassador
Solution
Accepted as a solution by ALnow
‎28-08-2015 11:00

The video test service that used to be run by Bill Campbell is no longer available.  Unfortunately, Skype has no such test service available now and your only option is a test call with one of your contacts.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 35 (23,474 Views)
34 Replies
Former Ambassador

In recent version of Skype the Video Call button is greyed out when the contact selected is offline.  Once that contact's status shows online, the button should become bright green and clickable.

Message 2 of 35 (23,018 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thanks, is the option to test video call also removed?

Message 3 of 35 (23,014 Views)
Former Ambassador
Solution
Accepted as a solution by ALnow
‎28-08-2015 11:00

The video test service that used to be run by Bill Campbell is no longer available.  Unfortunately, Skype has no such test service available now and your only option is a test call with one of your contacts.

Message 4 of 35 (23,475 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Ok, thanks much!

Message 5 of 35 (23,002 Views)
Former Ambassador

y):

Message 6 of 35 (22,999 Views)
Novel Tourist

On on of my contacts the video option has suddenly become grey and no longer is available! What do I need to do to get this option back?

Message 7 of 35 (22,897 Views)
Former Ambassador
As stated in my first reply to the original poster, when the selected contact is offline the video call button is grayed out and won't function. When the contact's status becomes online, the button will become bright green and clickable.

Message 8 of 35 (22,850 Views)
Casual Tourist

I cannot make video calls, although I can accept them. The "Video Call" option is lighter in colour, and won't allow me to make video calls.

Message 9 of 35 (22,837 Views)
Former Ambassador

Did you read the post immediately above yours?  It explains why your video call button is the way you're seeing it.

Message 10 of 35 (22,821 Views)
Discussion Stats