By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

No sound

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I can't hear any sound on my new Windows 7 laptop using Skype, even though the audio is fine in other applications, and I also have no problem with Skype when I'm using my iPad.  Audio settings in Skype are turned on.  What can I do to fix?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (28,330 Views)
5 Replies
Casual Adventurer

I have the same problem running windows 7 64 bit.My solution after trying everything with the latest skype was download an earlier version.It's all that works for me

Message 2 of 6 (28,184 Views)
Super Aviator

elitzer wrote:

I can't hear any sound on my new Windows 7 laptop using Skype, even though the audio is fine in other applications, and I also have no problem with Skype when I'm using my iPad.  Audio settings in Skype are turned on.  What can I do to fix?  Thanks.

Please check the steps and suggestions mentiioned here;

Skype Audio Problems Trouble Shooting

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 3 of 6 (28,180 Views)
Casual Tourist
If you're talking about no sound as in no ring when people call you. Here's a quick tutorial on how to resolve this: http://2slick.com/web/skype-no-ring/affordablewebsitestips/tutorials
Message 4 of 6 (27,287 Views)
Novel Tourist

when im in a call i can only hear skype no other sound is it skype or something else pls help

Message 5 of 6 (25,904 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I happen to be able to solve those strange Skype audio and connecting issues (mac 10.8.5) by
1. quiting Skype
2. deleting the user Skype folder (make sure you keep a back up!)
3. start Skype again
Skype will create a new user folder. Eventually you can replace manually your chat history etc from your saved backup folder.

I hope it works for you as well.

Message 6 of 6 (10,753 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation