By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

My skype contacts are always online

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer
Hello. I have this problem already 3 weeks. Some of my contacts are always online.I'm signed in skype with my skype account on 1 pc and 1 laptop. On the second laptop i'm signed in with another account. The problems is that some contacts are always online. I tried to uninstall skype a several times and delete skype history but nothing hasn't changed. PLEASE HELP!

See more topics labeled with:

Message 1 of 23 (16,244 Views)
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Routine Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by tcizmar2
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Then you must be using skype on a cel phone...tha´s a different story...read "ruwim" a few posts up.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 23 (16,642 Views)
Routine Adventurer
Solution

As I have told you before, the contacts that still show online all the time are friends of yours who have  linked accounts. So pass the solution to them, since it is their problem and they are the ones to have to fix it. If they have cell phones then pass them the other message. That´s it!

So to sum it up. Seeing your contacts always online was NEVER your problem but theirs! Got it now? 

And it seems that skype will not send new requests for contacts that were already on your list....some file must have that stored.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 23 (2,757 Views)
22 Replies

Hi, tczmar2, and welcome to the Community,

Please have a look at this thread or discussion ...

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/skype-always-online-even-if-everything-has-been...

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 2 of 23 (16,221 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Thanks a lot, but some of my contacts are online again. Do you know something about that?
Message 3 of 23 (16,207 Views)
Routine Adventurer
Message 4 of 23 (16,202 Views)
Community Ambassador
Casual Adventurer
How to unlink account on Windows 7?
Message 6 of 23 (16,174 Views)
Routine Adventurer
Casual Adventurer

I don t have linked accounts. What i can do now?

Message 8 of 23 (16,140 Views)
Routine Adventurer
Solution

Then you must be using skype on a cel phone...tha´s a different story...read "ruwim" a few posts up.

Message 9 of 23 (16,643 Views)
Casual Adventurer
I use Skype on 2 laptops, 1 pc and on a mobile phone. But when i go to the account details and to the " linked accounts" , my account is not linked with facebook or with something else
Message 10 of 23 (16,107 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 9 in conversation