By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer

I have my password.

I have my ID

I have attempted to log on at least five (5) times without success.

HOW DO I LOG ON TO SKYPE??????

Message 1 of 51 (3,862 Views)
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Super Aviator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by 2147
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Hs123 wrote:

a few months ago i downloaded a new version, after it installed.. it wouldnt let me sign in .. it says disk error and to quit and restart skype .. ive odne it about 673 times and it still doesnt work ?????

Try to reset skype settings

Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

Re-run Skype

Note: You will need your password to re-log on, and re-set any options from default

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 51 (9,514 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by 2147
‎28-08-2015 11:00

I disabled my Norton antivirus.

I reinstalled Skype and update.

I enabled Norton.

All looks fine for now!!!

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 51 (9,504 Views)
50 Replies
Community Ambassador

What exactly happens when you are trying to login?

What Firewall and Antivirus applications are installed on your computer?

Message 2 of 51 (3,846 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I`ve exactly the same problem and so bloody frustrating cos wanted to see my lad abroad but can`t get passed the info page of skype.3 easy steps my backside...........

Message 3 of 51 (3,836 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I cannot log in to Skype!!

I cannot access any of the suggestions.

I have Norton anti-virus installed.

Message 4 of 51 (3,831 Views)
Community Ambassador

robnemma wrote:

I`ve exactly the same problem and so bloody frustrating cos wanted to see my lad abroad but can`t get passed the info page of skype.3 easy steps my backside...........

What exactly happens when you are trying to login?

Message 5 of 51 (3,826 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I am faced with the Wecome Robert (home page)  This is your account.....But I can get no further ie make calls,add contacts etc

Message 6 of 51 (3,820 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I am faced with the Wecome Robert (home page) This is your account.....But I can get no further ie make calls,add contacts etc
Message 7 of 51 (3,819 Views)
Community Ambassador

robnemma wrote:
I am faced with the Wecome Robert (home page) This is your account.....But I can get no further ie make calls,add contacts etc

You can do nothing from your Account page on Skype.com. You need to download and install Skype program on your computer. Only using this program you can find your friends and make calls.

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows

Message 8 of 51 (3,816 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Downloaded and sorted thanks v much
Message 9 of 51 (3,809 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Skype Can't Connect.
Message 10 of 51 (3,809 Views)
Discussion Stats