By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Link in email signature

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Currently I show my Skype username in my Outlook email signature but I would like, if possible to make my username into a clickable link that allowed recipients to add me to their Skype contacts.

Similar functionality is available with a Facebook link, though this is a web-app.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Tourist
Solution
Accepted as a solution by cimbian
‎28-08-2015 11:00

This seems to work, it prompts the user to allow their web browser/client to allow the action to proceed, but it does work: <a href="skype:SKYPENAME?add">SKYPENAME</a>

Just replace SKYPENAME with yours.

If editing in Word, or similar, the link you want to add is just skype:SKYPENAME?add the above is the actual HTML that makes it work.

CORRECTION: only works in html, but Gmail strips it out by the looks of it, which is disappointing!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9 (64,664 Views)
8 Replies
Novel Adventurer

hmm i also want same.

Message 2 of 9 (60,095 Views)
Novel Tourist
Solution
Accepted as a solution by cimbian
‎28-08-2015 11:00

This seems to work, it prompts the user to allow their web browser/client to allow the action to proceed, but it does work: <a href="skype:SKYPENAME?add">SKYPENAME</a>

Just replace SKYPENAME with yours.

If editing in Word, or similar, the link you want to add is just skype:SKYPENAME?add the above is the actual HTML that makes it work.

CORRECTION: only works in html, but Gmail strips it out by the looks of it, which is disappointing!

Message 3 of 9 (64,665 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Added this to my Outlook signature and seems to work. Thanks,
Message 4 of 9 (59,910 Views)
Casual Tourist

LegendWar 3.0

Message 5 of 9 (47,606 Views)
Novel Tourist

I cannot make ir work. Already try to place: <a href="skype:SKYPENAME?add">SKYPENAME</a> ; in the outlook signature. I´m using JPG "buttons" to place the link with no sucess. When I place the cursor above the jpg shows the link but it doesn´t open. Can anyone please help.

Thanks =)

Message 6 of 9 (46,834 Views)
Novel Tourist

When I do this in the "Signatures" area of Outlook 2013, it displays the literal text I have entered.

Is there a way to copy an image I can paste in to the signature file, with the link embedded?

Message 7 of 9 (40,053 Views)
Novel Tourist
I got the same.. and i also entered in that site. I thought of some invitation and it was like sex cam.. well just ignore it.. i think they are just promoting their website..
Message 8 of 9 (36,326 Views)
Novel Tourist

i'm not getting any solution.. any service number is there so that I can call get the service done

Message 9 of 9 (26,383 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 17 kudos
  • 8 in conversation