By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Incoming video calls show as busy

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

Need help!  Whenever I use the latest version of Skype with Windows 8 in desktop mode, people who attempt a video call to me will get a message saying I'm busy.  But if they choose voice call, then the call goes through without issue.  At that point, we just have to manually turn on our video cameras to make it a video call.  

OR, if I choose to video call someone (outgoing), then there is no issue.

However, using Windows 8.1 (Metro) version of Skype, there is no issue with incoming video calls.  

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling skype.  I don't have anyone call-blocked in the settings.  Any ideas?

See more topics labeled with:

Message 1 of 12 (3,462 Views)
11 Replies
Novel Tourist

I am experiencing the same problem calling a windows 8 machine from a windows 7..

Message 2 of 12 (3,416 Views)
Novel Tourist

I am having the same problem as LH_NGO . Other than everyone having to call me via video and then click on the camera doe anyone have a perminant fix to this problem

Message 3 of 12 (3,330 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Add me to this problem.  

I don't want to use the Metro version of Skype, because I thing it's a horrible featureless app, probably because it's developed to be used on tablets...

Message 4 of 12 (3,215 Views)
Novel Tourist

Same here with windows 8.1 and skype 6.18.0.106.

And I also do not want to use the metro version as it is featureless as described earlier.

Message 5 of 12 (2,946 Views)
Casual Tourist

I have this problem too, but noone seem to answer. Noone knows?

Message 6 of 12 (2,875 Views)
Novel Tourist
Installing Skype using Windows Store will resolve the issue.
Message 7 of 12 (2,817 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Same issue, how soon before a patch comes out! Skype is unusable for us now.

Message 8 of 12 (2,595 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Did not resolve the issue

Message 9 of 12 (2,592 Views)
Novel Tourist

Wow, so it's been 6 months and no one from this company has patched or solved this issue?  This has just started happening to me with this latest update.  Everyone who calls me gets hung up on and told I'm busy even when I'm not.  It's seriously pissing me off, since I'm using this for work meetings and such.  It's ridiculous.  FIX IT.

Message 10 of 12 (2,253 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation