By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to Sign Out?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Hey,

I need some help. When I open up my skype from my computer the log in menu comes up. As I try to log in it comes back and says that "I am already logged in on this computer. Sign out and sign back out." Please help me fast. ASAP

Message 1 of 17 (31,366 Views)
16 Replies
Community Ambassador

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or OK button. The Windows File Explorer will popup. Locate there a folder with the name Skype. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call history. All data are still saved in the Skype_old folder.

Message 2 of 17 (31,220 Views)
Novel Adventurer

bennett81aj wrote:

Hey,

I need some help. When I open up my skype from my computer the log in menu comes up. As I try to log in it comes back and says that "I am already logged in on this computer. Sign out and sign back out." Please help me fast. ASAP

Message 3 of 17 (30,584 Views)
Novel Adventurer

jerry_ortencio wrote:

bennett81aj wrote:

Hey,

Message 4 of 17 (30,583 Views)
Novel Adventurer

hey                                                                                                                                            i    i need some help.when i open my skype from my computer in log in menu comes up.as i try log in its come back and says that   "I am already logged in on this computer.sign out and and sing back out" please help me fast.                                                                                                                   

Message 5 of 17 (29,141 Views)
Novel Adventurer
please help me fast
Message 6 of 17 (29,140 Views)
Super Aviator

nimrah_rajput wrote:

hey                                                                                                                                            i    i need some help.when i open my skype from my computer in log in menu comes up.as i try log in its come back and says that   "I am already logged in on this computer.sign out and and sing back out" please help me fast.                                                                                                                   

*lights cigarette*

Please do a Skype reset:

1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.

Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled

2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

4. Re-run Skype

Note: You will need your password to re-log on, and re-set any options from default

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 7 of 17 (29,138 Views)
Novel Tourist
I have same like you. I need help please
Message 8 of 17 (28,786 Views)
Super Aviator

nyjjlouie wrote:
I have same like you. I need help please

What is your issue? Have you received any error code / message?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 9 of 17 (28,765 Views)
Reliable Tourist
I need some help. when I log in it comes back and says that I am already logged in on this computer sing out first please help
Message 10 of 17 (22,320 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 21 kudos
  • 11 in conversation