By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to Change Skype Language

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Power User

version used: Skype 5.5.0.112

date last updated: 7/28/2011

Changing the language of the Skype client is as simple as clicking Tools >> Change Language >> then selecting the preferred language.

However, changing the the Skype language back to English (or the language preferred) could be a bit difficult, especially if you are facing a user-interface with a language you are not familiar with.

Basically, I think that the positions and locations of the menu options are the same regardless of the language selected or activated.  You can use the screenshot below as a reference if for some reason your Skype client suddenly changed its language to an unfamiliar one, and you want to revert it back to English.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Message 1 of 16 (6,916 Views)
15 Replies
Casual Tourist

Thanks - I had this problem too and it fixed it!

Message 2 of 16 (6,539 Views)
Novel Tourist

i can't understand the language of arabic that i changed it to and i don't have the help tabs on the top anymore, meaning the tools tab. 

Message 3 of 16 (5,760 Views)
Community Ambassador

melissamarando wrote:

i can't understand the language of arabic that i changed it to and i don't have the help tabs on the top anymore, meaning the tools tab. 

Are you on Windows or Mac?

Message 4 of 16 (5,754 Views)
Casual Tourist

this  is  no  valid  anymore !!!

There  is  no  TOOLS in  the   newest  vesrion  of  skype.

How  can  I  change  the  language  now?

Message 5 of 16 (5,152 Views)
Novel Tourist

Primemover wrote:

version used: Skype 5.5.0.112

date last updated: 7/28/2011

Changing the language of the Skype client is as simple as clicking Tools >> Change Language >> then selecting the preferred language.

However, changing the the Skype language back to English (or the language preferred) could be a bit difficult, especially if you are facing a user-interface with a language you are not familiar with.

Basically, I think that the positions and locations of the menu options are the same regardless of the language selected or activated.  You can use the screenshot below as a reference if for some reason your Skype client suddenly changed its language to an unfamiliar one, and you want to revert it back to English.

Message 6 of 16 (5,043 Views)
Tourist

I  have accidentally changed my English language into ARABIC.    Now I have lost all my tabs, and my account is in Arabic. Canyou please tell me How to revert back to the English language setting.

Message 7 of 16 (4,952 Views)
x_y
Novel Adventurer
did u get the answer? I have the same problem!!!!
Message 8 of 16 (3,731 Views)
Former Ambassador

Use this screen grab of the tools bars in Arabic to click your way through resetting to English.  Click the second from the left; the second from the top, then the English choice on the menu that comes up:

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Message 9 of 16 (3,709 Views)
x_y
Novel Adventurer

he, u really seem not to check the problem! As ramoon_2000 wrote - & I have NOT the "arabic" problem but this:

"this  is  no  valid  anymore !!!

There  is  no  TOOLS in  the   newest  vesrion  of  skype.

How  can  I  change  the  language  now?"

We have MAC by the way

Message 10 of 16 (3,701 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 14 in conversation