By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How do I get the skype icon on my desktop. Where is it??

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

Message 1 of 50 (33,969 Views)
49 Replies
Novel Tourist

i have no clue either, i have an account, but cant get the icon on my laptop after i got my new harddrive and i cant get the icon back to pin it to my task bar on windows7 ultimate, how do i do this?

Message 2 of 50 (33,907 Views)
Casual Tourist

Hi,  I have a skype account. How do I get started. I have no desk top icon to open the menu page for contacts.

Message 3 of 50 (33,756 Views)
Experienced Adventurer

theginge96 wrote:

i have no clue either, i have an account, but cant get the icon on my laptop after i got my new harddrive and i cant get the icon back to pin it to my task bar on windows7 ultimate, how do i do this?

This is a "Video on Mac" forum. You might try the Windows forum for PC questions...

Message 4 of 50 (33,750 Views)
Experienced Adventurer

Hi franrosenthal:

The Skype application that you downloaded should be in your applications folder, but wherever you downloaded it, go find it and drag it on to your desktop/dock

Message 5 of 50 (33,745 Views)
Novel Tourist
i have re installed skype trying to get the skype icon and i still have not received the icon please help
billmurray111
Message 6 of 50 (33,602 Views)
Novel Tourist

I can access my account but have no Skype icon and phone pad - nor can I bring up all my contacts

Message 7 of 50 (33,599 Views)
Experienced Adventurer

You use Skype via the downloaded application (.dmg file), not through your account on the website. You did download the app., didn't you?

Message 8 of 50 (33,591 Views)
Novel Tourist
I have to re-install Skype every time I want to use it. Where is the Skype support? Obviously this is a known issue. A clear answer would be appreciated. I'm on an iMac btw.
Message 9 of 50 (31,678 Views)
Novel Adventurer
skype icon on my screen
Message 10 of 50 (30,957 Views)
Discussion Stats