By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Green Screen on Windows 8

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

Others that skype me dont see me, just a translusent green screen that doesnt go away.I have a compaq CQ58 notebook pc and windows 8. I see other person just fine

Message 1 of 18 (10,011 Views)
17 Replies
Novel Tourist
I am having the exact same problem. With the same computer and getting a green screen. However other apps do not have the same problem. Please let meknow if you figure out how to fix it. Thanks.
Message 2 of 18 (9,984 Views)
Novel Tourist

I also have the same problem with the same laptop.

Message 3 of 18 (9,932 Views)
Novel Tourist

I Have the same computer and the same problem when i skype my girlfriend I can see her perfectly but all she sees is a completely Green screen and the little screen in the corner of my computer where it shows me myself its green as well please fix this asap thanks 

Message 4 of 18 (9,765 Views)
Novel Tourist

Same trouble on same computer here too.

Message 5 of 18 (9,742 Views)
Novel Tourist

I feel all of your pain and offer a solution:

I purchased the same computer for my g/f's younger daughter as an early Christmas present. Wal-Mart special for $179. Racked my brain for several hours dealing w/HP Customer Support before my g/f's older daughter found the above link on another forum. Works fine on the new computer so far. Hope this helps all of you.

Message 6 of 18 (9,706 Views)
Novel Tourist

Big is now up and running on my Compaq CQ58 WallyWorld special

Message 7 of 18 (9,586 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Big THANKS TO YOU [odie1kenobi75]!...."Skype in Desktop" is now up and running on my WalMart $179 Compaq CQ58.

Message 8 of 18 (9,565 Views)
Novel Adventurer

yes, it works when in explorer, but when you try the app on the HP (wasn't able to get the $179 laptop as they were sold out but got the $279 HP 69BF Notebook 2000). When I open in internet explorer my video is no longer green. But when I use the app, my video is still green. Installed the newest version twice now. Did this fix your app version too?

Message 9 of 18 (9,183 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Manker, use "desktop" in start, double click Skype shortcut to run Skype 6.0, don't run App.

Message 10 of 18 (9,168 Views)
Discussion Stats