By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Fatal error

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Fatal Error: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll)

We're using XP, trying to get new downloads, just to get this error = can't even work SkyPe now ...

Welcome any support thanks.

Message 1 of 19 (16,379 Views)
18 Replies
Super Aviator

Make sure you have Service Pack 3 and Internet Explorer 8 installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 19 (16,371 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thanks for support.

We're using XP + service pack 2 + Google Chrome. We've Internet 6 only = too old for use.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 19 (16,366 Views)
Super Aviator

Please install latest Service Pack.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 4 of 19 (16,364 Views)
Casual Tourist

hello.i have the same problem. only this happened after i tried to upload the new skype. i download only the first link because i had already internet explorer 8. but when i tried to get in again to skype, the same fatal error getlogical...opened up. the thing is after i download it and extracted the file this message appeared. "setup cannot update your windows xp files because the language installed on your system is different from the update language" .after i changed the language so they can be the similar and extracted the file one more time, the same message came up again. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP...PLEASE..I hope to hear good news from you soon.or any news. thank you.

Message 5 of 19 (16,058 Views)
Community Ambassador

What language is/was your XP in?

Message 6 of 19 (16,050 Views)
Community Ambassador

You can always use Windowsupdate to update your service pack 3 as it will probably pull the appropriate version for your build.  If you want to install the standalone US English XP Service pack 3 update, you can force it by using the following program I made.

pcdust.com/Downloads/LanguageFix/LanguageFix.exe

You may still have to go to "Control Panel" - "Regional and Language Options" and set the "Regional Options" and "Advanced" tabs to English if it still won't run.  Since I don't know what language you had previously, it backs up your current language preference to your desktop.

So if you chose to do so, you can restore it later, by double clicking on the registry file it creates.  Be aware after the update you may have more English dialogs.

Message 7 of 19 (16,029 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Cotech wrote:

Fatal Error: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll)

We're using XP, trying to get new downloads, just to get this error = can't even work SkyPe now ...

Welcome any support thanks.

Message 8 of 19 (14,281 Views)
Community Ambassador

Did you bother reading the solution posted in this thread and countless others?  The solution still has not changed. Nothing fancy just install Windows XP Service Pack 3 to comply with the minimum requirements of Skype.  Skype 6.7 and above will not execute properly without it.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/failed-to-get-proc-adress-for-GetLogicalProcess...

Message 9 of 19 (11,349 Views)
Novel Adventurer

goog

Message 10 of 19 (10,751 Views)
Discussion Stats