By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Downloading Skype 5.5 on a Windows 7 Laptop

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hi all

I've recently bought a HP Laptop with Windows 7 installed on it.

I have Been trying to download it for a while now.

I have tried 3 seperate Installers, Updated my software and looked on most of these help post's to find my solution. But to no avail.

I really need some help with this.

What happens is this: I open up the downloader and it begins to download saying "initialising download" for a while, then it will start to steadily download the file.

Then without any provocation it will stop downloading completely and then start again on 0% saying it is initialising the download.

If anyone has any ideas how to help it will be appreciated. I dont know much about the computer itself hardware wise or screen resolution wise but ive given you all the information i know of.

Message 1 of 9 (251,763 Views)
8 Replies
Power User

please try the links and suggesions mentioned here;

Alternative Download Links (for Windows and Mac)

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Message 2 of 9 (251,679 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thanks i managed to get it to work. Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 9 (251,669 Views)
Casual Tourist
thenks you
Message 4 of 9 (250,332 Views)
Casual Tourist

Thank you very much for your help

Regards

Message 5 of 9 (236,342 Views)
Casual Tourist

Skype took money from my account that was not due until April, this is the second time they did this. I can't find how to call them, can't find how to e-mail them. I'm trying to cancel my account doing things as this is not a good sign to do business with them, I also have a free trial the I can't contact them to cancel. Good luck to you guys still using them calling my bank after the money post

Message 6 of 9 (137,053 Views)
Novel Tourist

i aiready have skype but it does not work

Message 7 of 9 (48,798 Views)
Community Ambassador

manahil.ijaz2 wrote:

i aiready have skype but it does not work

What exactly happens when you are trying to start Skype? Any error message?

Message 8 of 9 (48,797 Views)

Old thread now closed; this version is no longer in use. New post transferred to create its own new thread (topic).

Message 9 of 9 (48,499 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 48 kudos
  • 8 in conversation