By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Contact pictures

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Hello,

how can I remove profile pictures of my contacts? I have newest version of Skype and  now all my contacts profile pictures are visible  and this is so distracting. I just want to see who is online and who is not,...Are there any setting options?

Can you please help?

Thank you,

Ina

Message 1 of 4 (1,250 Views)
3 Replies
Super Adventurer

Tools >> Options >> General >> General Settings.  Uncheck Show Profile Picrures in Contact List.

Message 2 of 4 (1,248 Views)
Highlighted
Casual Tourist

Anyone,

I am having the opposite effect, I am unable to see my contacts profile pics when I have clicked on their name to send a message. When I first downloaded Skype they showed but now they have disappeard. I did go into the ....

Options>>Genreal Settings

and the show profile pictures in contact list box is showing with a check mark in it when I first come to the page. I also resaved just in case and still nothing. If anyone knows what I can do to see my contacts pictures when sending a message, I would be very grateful for your assistance.

Message 3 of 4 (517 Views)
Community Ambassador

Maria77349 wrote:

Anyone,

I am having the opposite effect, I am unable to see my contacts profile pics when I have clicked on their name to send a message. When I first downloaded Skype they showed but now they have disappeard. I did go into the ....

Options>>Genreal Settings

and the show profile pictures in contact list box is showing with a check mark in it when I first come to the page. I also resaved just in case and still nothing. If anyone knows what I can do to see my contacts pictures when sending a message, I would be very grateful for your assistance.

Click on the contact's name at the top of the chat window.

Message 4 of 4 (452 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation