By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Connection Problems

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

My connection is fine.. but my skype connection isn't. I sign in skype and it doesn't connect and it keeps loading.. and this happened like 2 hours ago but i thought it was the other person's connection... I need help fast cause i wanted to calll my friends but now i cant

Message 1 of 126 (46,925 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Aviator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by derp9999
‎28-08-2015 11:00

please add/allow skype program to norton internet security

From main page of NIS, Seclect  >> Personal Firewall >> Program Control >> Personal Firewall General Settings >> Add  >>  locate Skype >>  Allow

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 126 (47,314 Views)
125 Replies
Highlighted
Super Aviator

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed on your computer?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 126 (46,892 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Norton Internet Sercurity... I've tried re installing skype and restarting my computer... just so you know.

Message 3 of 126 (46,877 Views)
Super Aviator
Solution
Accepted as a solution by derp9999
‎28-08-2015 11:00

please add/allow skype program to norton internet security

From main page of NIS, Seclect  >> Personal Firewall >> Program Control >> Personal Firewall General Settings >> Add  >>  locate Skype >>  Allow

Regards,
Tamim

Message 4 of 126 (47,315 Views)
Novel Tourist
im having connection problems as well i think this is happening to mannnnyyyy people that skype is saying
''skype cant connect''
Message 5 of 126 (46,841 Views)
Super Aviator

beng363 wrote:
im having connection problems as well i think this is happening to mannnnyyyy people that skype is saying
''skype cant connect''

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed on your computer?

Regards,
Tamim

Message 6 of 126 (46,837 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I am havening connection problems I can log in some times, but other times can, also  I can't msg any one or call anyone one nothing sends or loads security Norton 360 and I have the setting set to let skype through

Message 7 of 126 (46,834 Views)
Super Aviator

sohunreilable wrote:

I am havening connection problems I can log in some times, but other times can, also  I can't msg any one or call anyone one nothing sends or loads security Norton 360 and I have the setting set to let skype through

try this.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Log-in-to-Skype/m-p/971488/highlight/true#M71593

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Log-in-to-Skype/m-p/971556/highlight/true#M71609

Regards,
Tamim

Message 8 of 126 (46,826 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Yea! the second link help me thanks your a life saver

Message 9 of 126 (46,808 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Open your antivirus/ click on setting/ click on network/ click on control program/ look for skyp in the list of programs and you will see skype is blocked. unblock by setting skype on auto.

Message 10 of 126 (45,978 Views)