By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Can't see the person i'm talking to

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
RBN
Novel Adventurer

Hello!
I'm having a problem with video calls. I can't see the people i'm talking to even if their webcam is on. My skype was working perfectly well when this problem came out all of a sudden. I'm having this problem with all the persons i'm talking to. I've looked for a solution in the settings of skype, of my laptop but didn't find anything. And this is when I found out about this community!
Does anyone have a clue on how to solve this?!
Thanks! 

Message 1 of 22 (59,079 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Ambassador
Solution
Accepted as a solution by RBN
‎28-08-2015 11:00

There is not very much you can do using the available Skype options, but what you can try is to reset all settings to default values.

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or OK button. The Windows File Explorer will popup. Locate there a folder with the name Skype. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call history. All data are still saved in the Skype_old folder.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22 (60,914 Views)
21 Replies
Community Ambassador
Solution
Accepted as a solution by RBN
‎28-08-2015 11:00

There is not very much you can do using the available Skype options, but what you can try is to reset all settings to default values.

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or OK button. The Windows File Explorer will popup. Locate there a folder with the name Skype. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call history. All data are still saved in the Skype_old folder.

Message 2 of 22 (60,915 Views)
RBN
Novel Adventurer

Thank you

Message 3 of 22 (59,008 Views)
Novel Adventurer

can't see the telephone page where to dial the number on the key pad

Message 4 of 22 (58,954 Views)
Novel Adventurer
i am looking for the key pad page where to dial the number
Message 5 of 22 (58,952 Views)
Novel Adventurer
where do i fine the key pad to dial a number
Message 6 of 22 (58,951 Views)
Novel Adventurer

hi hello

Message 7 of 22 (58,898 Views)
Novel Tourist

I tried doing this, but it fixed nothing. Could it possibly be on the other persons computer? Or is my computer really just that stupid? lol.

Message 8 of 22 (58,178 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hi,

I also have that problem... Do you know how to solve it on an apple computer?

Thanks 

Message 9 of 22 (57,356 Views)
Novel Adventurer

One of my contacts and I are having the same problem on our iPhone 4. The person who places the call can only hear the other person, while the person who receives that call can both see and hear the other person. 

Message 10 of 22 (56,088 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 22 kudos
  • 14 in conversation