I have tested the internet connection reliability today during our team meeting on skype by using some ping commands which constantly ping'ed:
- my router
- the cable modem
- the provider's www-server
- some server in the internet (outside the providers network)
to test the reliability of the internet connection.
So now I am sure that it is definitively NOT a connection-reliability problem as skype suggests when it disconnects. All pings were ok (largest ping was 39ms for a server in a distance of >1000km).
As stated earlier in this thread, my collegues (4 peoples in the same call) did not have any problem during the call, while I have been disconnected two times. Everytime when this happens, I have to manually close skype completely and restart it in order to re-join the call.
Today when it happened the second time, I took my iPad to re-join and the connection did not disconnect anymore then.
So I assume is must be a problem with Skype on Windows with some very specific constellation of maybe hardware, drivers, software.....
Maybe we can find something in common. I have the following configuration:
- Lenovo T430 Notebook, connected with gBit-LAN to the router, running Win7 Pro 64bit
- Internet connection speed is 20Mb/s downstream and 2Mb/s upstream (speedtest.net shows 19.8Mb/s down and 1.8Mb/s upstream)
- Logitech wireless headset connected on USB2 port (However, the problem also arises if the headset is not connected and I use the integrated microphone & wired headphones)
- The Notebook is attached to an external monitor
- I am connected remotely to our office through VPN. Internet-traffic is not routed through the VPN tunnel. The problem also happens if I am not connected to the VPN.
- Using Teamviewer V8 (locally installed). The problem also happens if not running a teamviewer session.
- Having Chrome, MS Outlook, Eclipse, ESET Antivirus and Checkpoint Disk encryption running al the time.
@others having these problems: what's your configuration ?
@Skype Inc.: Is there someting that I can do to narrow down the source of the problem?
@schlm3, can you please reproduce the issue you are experiencing with the latest 6.14 Skype and provide logs as described in this link https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12321/how-do-i-
It would help us solve the issue or at least to find the cause and workaround.
I have switched on the logging and had the issue this morning in a call with a collegue.
The call "disconnected" (skype showed that there is a problem with the connection and that it tries to reconnect). As always in this case, I closed skype and restarted it.
Now I searched for the logfiles, but could only find the files which I assume are from the second (reconnected) call. See screenshot:
I could upload the files from 09:35 if you think they could help.
The Forum has an upload limitation of 10 MB. The Debugfiles are > 60MB most of the time. I have to wait for one which is smaller than the 10MB when the problem occurred.
Managed to share to public on Google Drive:
There are the two debug logfiles from 3. and 4. April as well as two new zip files from today with repeated connection breakage.