By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Anyone know what BT Stack Server is?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

I cannot get the sound to work, to begin to use Skype. I keep getting the following message that Bluetooth is already being used and something about the BT Stack Server. Anyone have a clue how I can fix this. I am not very computer literate and this is driving my crazy! 

Message 1 of 5 (39,493 Views)
4 Replies
Community Ambassador

Are you using any Bluetooth devices with Skype? If not, then open Tools -> Options -> Advanced settings. At the bottom of this screen you should see a menu item saying “Manage other programs access to Skype”. Click on this menu. If you can see there BT Stackserver.exe, then remove this device from the list.

Also open Tools -> Options -> Audio settings. What device do you see there selected as your Microphone? Is there more that one option available in the selection box? Can you see any response on the Volume bar when you make any sound?

Message 2 of 5 (39,476 Views)
Novel Adventurer

It said it is off but it is still stacking my messages !!!!

Message 3 of 5 (23,952 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Nvm... Worked thanks alot I just restarted my skype and also removed it.

Message 4 of 5 (23,949 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Thanks!
Message 5 of 5 (16,604 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 4 in conversation