By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

6.14 - latest Skype for Windows is available!

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Former Staff

We've just released Skype 6.14 for Windows Desktop. Please upgrade by downloading it from www.skype.com/go/getskype

Among stability improvements and bug fixes, this new version will offer some of the users on Windows 8/8.1 a spell-checking and auto-correction functionality when writing instant messages. Please note that both options are controlled by Windows and can be enabled/disabled in system settings (see this FAQ for help).

We are looking forward to hear your feedback shared with Skype here on the community, as we continue making Skype even better.

Message 1 of 48 (46,177 Views)
47 Replies
Casual Tourist

This is great news, will this work with WIndows 7 ?

Message 2 of 48 (45,785 Views)
Reliable Adventurer

I'm on Windows 8.1 and spell check has not lit up. Are there special scenarios (e.g. premium client? group call?) in which spell check does not work?

Also a changelog would be handy.

Message 3 of 48 (44,936 Views)
Tourist

This version 6.14.0.104 for windows 7 x64 has disabled drag and drop of contracts into an ongoing call to add contacts to current call/conference.

Message 4 of 48 (44,877 Views)
Casual Adventurer

You guys removed the (finger) smiley?!

WTF? WHY?

Message 5 of 48 (44,855 Views)
Reliable Adventurer

Still no Opus codec?

Message 6 of 48 (44,788 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I do not recommend this release for Windows 8.1 Pro (KB2919394)

Message 7 of 48 (44,765 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Why removed (fubar)(finger)(wtf)(hollest) ? I'm back to to 6.13...

Message 8 of 48 (44,724 Views)
Community Ambassador

Even if these depreciated emoticons will display on your 6.13 version, they will not display on your contact's Skype when/if they update to the 6.14 version.

Message 9 of 48 (44,712 Views)
Routine Adventurer

Is the following two important features available in this so called new version?

1. Offline history view;

2. hotmail.com/outlook.com new incoming email notification?

Message 10 of 48 (44,682 Views)
Discussion Stats