By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Echo / Sound Test

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Novel Adventurer

Should I expect the Echo / Sound Test service to work?  At the moment it doesn't seem to but I can't tell if it's me, the beta or the service that's doing something wrong.

Message 1 of 26 (30,425 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by YetAnotherName
‎28-08-2015 11:00
This did work for me on an HTC Titan in the UK.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 26 (32,498 Views)
25 Replies
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by YetAnotherName
‎28-08-2015 11:00
This did work for me on an HTC Titan in the UK.
Message 2 of 26 (32,499 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Good to know since I too am using an HTC Titan (though in the US).  I'm probably doing something stupid.  I'll sleep on it and have another go tomorrow.

Thanks

Message 3 of 26 (30,417 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Verizon HTC Trophy.....I get start of a ring then dead air on this. Calling landlines via "skypeout" is iffy.....sometimes I get nothing at all. 3g or wifi---same. Not sure if problems are limited to the test call or not.

Message 4 of 26 (30,362 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I was indeed doing something stupid.  The phone was set to volume zero - the Echo service was working just fine I just wasn't hearing it.

In my defence I'd argue I was expecting volume to be adjusted up automatically during the call but really: no noise and I didn't think to check the volume?

Message 5 of 26 (30,314 Views)
Casual Tourist

Having the same issue w/ an HTC Trophy on Verizon in the US.  If I toggle the speakerphone on/off, sometimes I can hear the call through the speakerphone, but never through the phone's earpiece.  

Message 6 of 26 (30,024 Views)
Novel Tourist

i keep calling them andthere is know sound when i do but i know it is n't my speaker because when i have done a sound check i can hear someone please help

Message 7 of 26 (29,936 Views)
Novel Adventurer

ahoj peto

Message 8 of 26 (28,076 Views)
Novel Adventurer

ahoj peto mas priatelku? chodis s nou ? preto sa nestretavame?odpis

Message 9 of 26 (28,076 Views)
Novel Adventurer

YetAnotherName wrote:

Should I expect the Echo / Sound Test service to work?  At the moment it doesn't seem to but I can't tell if it's me, the beta or the service that's doing something wrong.

Message 10 of 26 (28,075 Views)
Discussion Stats