By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

stuck on profile

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer
I'm stuck on profile. It says its at 80% and is stuck there. I can't get past that. How do I get past that so I can start using Skype?
Message 1 of 12 (2,257 Views)
11 Replies
Novel Adventurer
Help please
Message 2 of 12 (2,253 Views)
Casual Tourist

stuck at 80%, very unfriendly site, been at this for an hour and waisting my time ...should be a lot simpler get your head thinking this way,not overcomplicating things!!!! I don't need more widjts, apply KISS principle.  NOW how do I log in AND MAKE A CALL NOW THAT YOU HAVE MY MONEY

Message 3 of 12 (2,069 Views)
Casual Tourist

It´s too bad, I have the same problem as you. While nobody fro Skype-support gets any answer...

Message 4 of 12 (2,011 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I am stuck on profile as well. I sign in, it lets me in, goes to profile page and there is nothing on that page that lets me make a call. How do I get from this profile thing to making a video call? Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 5 of 12 (1,909 Views)
Casual Tourist

here the same. I´m logged in on skype on three devices with my gmail address and wanted to install on a tablet. No way. It doesn´t recognise my password. even changed the password. Then got stuck on the profile.

As I see it I am forced to take a microsoft address and am forced to give my telephone number.

Well I have a surprise for microsoft. I will not take a microsoft adress and i will certainly not give my telephone number, that´s part of my privacy.

If this is how microsoft wans to do business, they can forget a bout me. For those having troubles. There is Google hangout and Viber working great! long live the competition!

Message 6 of 12 (1,402 Views)
Novel Adventurer

i entered phone number and it didn't help.  still stuck on 80% done and no apparent way of getting to the online button mentioned, to the add contacts mentioned, or anything at all other than this and profile.  I'm on a MAC.  

Message 7 of 12 (1,368 Views)
Novel Tourist

have you heard anything on this matter.

sonette wrote:

stuck at 80%, very unfriendly site, been at this for an hour and waisting my time ...should be a lot simpler get your head thinking this way,not overcomplicating things!!!! I don't need more widjts, apply KISS principle.  NOW how do I log in AND MAKE A CALL NOW THAT YOU HAVE MY MONEY

Message 8 of 12 (1,334 Views)
Former Staff

Hi,

if you are referring to your profile completeness at skype.com, on your account page, then the fact that you haven't filled in some information there does not prevent you from using Skype. You simply need to download the Skype application, and can then start making calls (it's not possible to make calls from the website directly)

You can download Skype from here:

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

Message 9 of 12 (1,271 Views)
Novel Adventurer

You're probably doing what I did.... trying to call from the website.  Instead, you need to open the application and work from there.  That's where the info is on adding contacts, making calls etc.

Message 10 of 12 (1,265 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 15 kudos
  • 9 in conversation