By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

skype for nokia lumia 610

Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer
Hi!why can't download Skype for Nokia lumia 610?what was the best thing i should do?
Message 1 of 146 (103,863 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Skype for Windows Phone requires a minimum of 512MB RAM on your phone. The Nokia Lumia 610 (just like the Lumia 510) come with only 256MB memory which is not enough to run the Skype app, I'm afraid.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 135 of 146 (3,993 Views)
145 Replies
Novel Adventurer
Pls.i've just bought this because of Skype I thought I can get download..
Message 2 of 146 (103,861 Views)
Novel Adventurer

not yet, because of its low ram. wait for an updated version (or the apollo later).

Message 3 of 146 (103,829 Views)
Novel Tourist

I tried to get skype on my new lumia 610 but got a message that is not compatible. Anyone got any idae when will it be possible?

Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 146 (35,268 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 146 (35,266 Views)
Novel Adventurer

It doesnt work on mine either,but those who sold me the Phone said it should be,i called today and he said also it should work,i have to go there and let it work.He said he wants to update it,so wish me luck.And service from this Experts here isnt great,i can see you wrote this two weeks ago and still got no anser.Shame on you Experts.

Message 7 of 146 (35,195 Views)
Novel Tourist

I bought a lumia 610 before 50 mins & I got shocked.... SKYPE not support !!!!
Please do something. I am about cry stage ...! I purchase this phone for only skype ....!

nothing to say !!!

Message 8 of 146 (102,094 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Same here in Switzerland. full advertisement of Nokia 610. I sold some now. Skype is not working now? Terrible
Message 9 of 146 (101,146 Views)
Staff Moderator

Unfortunately, Skype for Windows Phone is not available for 512MB RAM devices.

We are constantly working to improve the performance and features for future releases.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.