By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Video Call in Lumia 520

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Hi 

I am planning to buy lumia 520. But the phone dosent have a front camera (Secondary cam)

I want to know if it is possible to make a video call with the rear camera so that the other person could see mee too !!!

Thanks 

Message 1 of 21 (26,934 Views)
20 Replies
Casual Tourist

Vishnuraveen wrote:

Hi 

I am planning to buy lumia 520. But the phone dosent have a front camera (Secondary cam)

I want to know if it is possible to make a video call with the rear camera so that the other person could see mee too !!!

Thanks 

Yes, you can. (:

Message 2 of 21 (23,681 Views)
Reliable Adventurer

You have probably moved on from this but thought i would post an answer anyway.I just bought this phone and am able to make a video call with it. Ofcourse if i want to c the person i called i have to keep turning the phone around but usually i dont bother. It does work well for me though. There are some other things that need to be fixed in this app but that one works well

Message 3 of 21 (23,546 Views)
Casual Tourist
Hi
. I am planning to buy lumia 520. But the phone dosent have a front camera (Secondary cam)

Thanks
Message 4 of 21 (23,152 Views)
Reliable Adventurer

Yes you just cant see each other at the same time. So if you want them to see you you have to turn the phone around. Then if you want to see them turn it back so you can see skype. Personally as skype eats into your date using video i don't use it much. Just too expensive

Message 5 of 21 (23,148 Views)
Novel Tourist
Try using WiFi
Message 6 of 21 (23,095 Views)
Reliable Adventurer

Wifi doesn't make a difference as there is only one camera

Message 7 of 21 (23,054 Views)
Novel Tourist

my lumia 520 says it has a front camera, I just don't know how to access it. would like to set it up for skype along with my wife's galaxy s4

Message 8 of 21 (21,787 Views)
Novel Tourist
hi how are you
Message 9 of 21 (21,525 Views)
Casual Tourist
I had the same issue and next time I am thinking to use a mirror lol
Message 10 of 21 (21,341 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 51 kudos
  • 14 in conversation