By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Unable to login to Skype in WindowsPhone 7.5

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

My HTC was working pretty well until Microsoft screwed it up. Typical Microsoft. They always treat the customer badly. Really regret buying the WP7. I will be switching to Android for sure. Or become a Luddite. I will be looking for alternative video texting options that does not involve microsoft.

Message 21 of 54 (1,642 Views)
Community Manager

We have discontinued Skype for Windows Phone 7 and you are not able to sign in to Skype any longer on your phone. More details here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34489/is-skype-for-windows-phone-7-being-discontinued

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 22 of 54 (1,605 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

The aplication was working fine, and i have skype credit paid.

My phone is, for me, almost new (I bought it 6 month ago). I can ´t afford another one.

But, unilaterally, you decide that i should "upgrade" my phone, and you ´ll keep my money until i do so.

That is not the way to treat clients. That is not fair.

Nokia, Skype, Windows Phone. More monopoly? More Microsoft?

No thanks. That ´s enough. 

Message 23 of 54 (1,599 Views)
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you just got your Windows Phone 7. We've shared last September that Skype for Windows Phone 7 will not receive any further updates:

http://blogs.skype.com/2013/09/20/setting-our-course-for-the-future-of-skype-for-windows-phone/

The FAQ article I have linked in my reply earlier contains information on how you can request a refund for the credit you don't want to use any longer now. Keep in mind though that any Skype credits, subscriptions or other products you purchased can still be used on other platforms, like your PC or laptop.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 24 of 54 (1,588 Views)
Novel Adventurer
hello Mr. Claudius, pls can you explain this to me "However the Windows Phone 7 app will remain available to download in the Windows Phone Store, so users can still keep using the core Skype experiences, such as Chat, Voice and Video Calls."

im confused because the app is no longer in the app store i clicked the link. so what is this?

thanks in advance
Message 25 of 54 (1,574 Views)
Former Staff
Novel Adventurer

Microsoft give my skype back on windows phone 7!!!

Spoiler
n)::mad::mad::mad:
Spoiler

Message 27 of 54 (1,509 Views)
Former Staff

On behalf of Skype I can only apologise to you all for the fact that WP7.x is no longer supported

As has been posted above, we gave notice a full year ago that there would be no further updates - and now we've had to take the decision not to support it any longer. I can't give any more details than are already published in the latest FAQ, but I can tell you that this is by no means the sort of decision that we would ever take lightly. We are very committed to our users, and this was a very painful decision for us.

As has also been posted above, details of how you can claim the refund of any Skype credit you still have can be found in the FAQ. Alternatively, of course, you can use it to make calls to landlines and/or mobiles from other Skype platforms such as Win desktop.

Lastly, in response to those who are saying that they will now move to other platforms, I understand your anger, but you should know that we have also just been forced to retire older versions on all our other supported platforms (Win, Mac, iOS, Android, etc) as well.

Message 28 of 54 (1,492 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Not able to login my skype account in my mobile windows phone 7.8 lumia 710 please help me out this

Message 29 of 54 (1,488 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Discussion Stats