By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Unable to login to Skype in WindowsPhone 7.5

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I think skype for windowsphone 7.5 was discontinued last week. I was unable to login to skype on my Nokia 800 (which worked perfectly until then), so I removed Skype and tried to reinstall but when trying to do this I get the message that this version of Skype is not available for your phone. Also, skype on my skypephone (a Philips telephone with internet connection) has stopped working last week.

Message 11 of 54 (1,891 Views)
Novel Adventurer

guys maybe they doing some update(i hope so!!!!) but why skype is not answering to this issue. Or maybe they will remove skype for wp7 users (boom!!! were all doom!!!), i dont know what is happening to microsoft, are they leaving wp7 users behind, i love nokia and microsoft ever since but for what is happening now, i've regret buying this phone I bought  this phone(Lumia 900)  2012, the hardware is fine but the software is not good, But i hope microsoft will fix this problem soon, 

Message 12 of 54 (1,877 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I just checked the Skype website; it states that support for Windows phone 7 has been discontinued due to insufficient demand and Skype for windowsphone 7 cannot be downloaded anymore  - you stil be able to use it if it is already on your phone (but for me it clearly did not work anymore) - so here we go

only skype for windows phone 8 available now

Message 13 of 54 (1,874 Views)
Novel Adventurer

den wp7 is finish, no good at all!!! thanks anyway for info man, 

Message 14 of 54 (1,867 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I just spoke with support and they gave me this answer:

"As per our advance resources, unfortunately, old Skype versions are retiring. Unfortunately, the
latest version for Windows phone is no longer supported by Windows 7 phone. The best option for
you is to upgrade your phone for you to be able to install latest version of Skype.

It won't be possible to install or update Skype on Windows 7 phone since it doesn't meet the
requirements for latest Skype version"

Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

My brother's old HTC Legend from 2010 still runs skype. Way to treat your customers Microsoft. I was perfectly happy with my Lumia 800, now I'm forced to upgrade? I will be upgrading to Android or iOS.

Message 16 of 54 (1,854 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Here the link...

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34489/is-skype-for-windows-phone-7-being-discontinued

That is very bad way to deal with costumer. They issue this after the fact.

I will order and Android right now and bye bye Windows Phone. I bought this phone to be able to devellop app, but their policies vs develloper was so bad at that time that I didn't want to invest time it it...Now with Skype gone my WP is useless.

Message 17 of 54 (1,839 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thank you very much shotte.

I was going to get a WinPhone 8. Going to get an iPhone instead.

Who knows what MS will refuse to support in the future.

Message 18 of 54 (1,804 Views)
Novel Adventurer

No more Windows again!!!!

Message 19 of 54 (1,789 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Nokia and Microsoft occasionally absurd decision by Nokia is losing market . I condemned them to this absurd decision . I had to decide that it is better android . Nokia to sell quickly so I say causes buy android i **bleep** Nokia & i **bleep** microsoft corporation.
Message 20 of 54 (1,737 Views)
Discussion Stats